Wedding in santarini

Hi everyone 

I started off this year year by booking a wedding in the uk but as every time iv tried to book a venue or caterers there seemed to ve issues so me and my partner decided to book a wedding in santarini greece. 

All im asking is anyone that has been married there and has suggestions for wedding planners makeup artists and the best places to get wedding i would be very grateful 

Thanks again aysha x

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 566 New bride

Hiya, 

there‘s a couple of fb groups - Santorini brides and Santorini wedding forum.

im using daz Clarke - Simply Mediterranean Weddings to help plan the wedding.

im using Renia bledaki for hair and makeup (she works with a lady called Bella) 

we‘re Getting married at Le Ciel ❤️ Depends on amount of guests u have and what you‘re looking for (and budget as it’s not cheap) but there’s Le Ciel, dana villas, theros wave bar, Pyrgos, santo winery, rocabella, Cavo Ventus, and lots more! 

• Aysha-Aysha- Posts: 2

Hi ambam19 

At the noment their will.be 6 of us me my partner and 4 kids and if any extra do come it will only be a few more eg 6. 

Its going to be pretty small and intimate can i ask did you book through your travel agent then find your owm wedding planner and thanks for the recommendations

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 566 New bride

Hi Aysha, 

aww that'll be lovely. Dana villas is perfect for intimate weddings and some of the others too but i can't remember which ones! i know le ciel is minimum 30ppl

i booked my travel through rachel buffrey of shore travel and she found us a great deal on a thomas cook holiday. it's nice to have someone to talk to at all times of day and feel they actually care about your booking rather than a bigger company.

definitely recommend booking the travel and planner separately - i've heard very few positive reviews of tour operator weddings there x