October wedding in a Vineyard 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,857 New bride

Good luck - we bought our first house last year and it was a nightmare but totally worth it!

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Congratulations on the house purchase, Moving house is always so stressful it will be completely worth it when you are all settled in together.

• RoseyGoldRoseyGold Posts: 164 New bride

Thanks Ladies, early start but have everything crossed this goes smoother than the last few weeks.

Then next week it's back to wedding planning!!

• Hope it went well! We've just bought a house and should be moving in the next couple of weeks so I know the feeling of putting off wedding planning for house stress! 

Well we're in!! There are boxes everywhere and I've no idea where it's all going to go but we can figure that out.

The solicitors were the problem, dragging their heels for weeks. 

Good luck for your move!

• After a week the house is looking somewhat habitable, not like a storage depot.

We went for our first cake consultation yesterday. As I mentioned before this is a massive thing for me. I make cakes myself including wedding cakes for friends and family. Originally I wanted to make my own but after reflecting on how stressed out I get making others I have decided I need to get someone else to do it.

I found 2 cake makers online one who's style I LOVE and one who's still is nice but cheaper. We saw the more expensive lady yesterday, love the style still, and cake tasted lovely but I just struggled to commit to the price. (Which I also hate as I get annoyed when people try to price my cakes down and mine are cheap!!) So left saying we're thinking about it. Our next consultation is 3 weeks time.

• All ready excited for this weekend.

After several very quiet wedding weeks this weekend we are taking the Bridesmaids out on Saturday to look at dresses. My junior bridesmaid is absolutely giddy!!

Then next week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I've got a dress appointment each day!!

Hopefully by next Thursday we'll have dresses nailed down!!

Ooh exciting! Hope you find the one :)

• Thanks MrsCToBee!!

I'm quite anxious about it now given the news yesterday.....but I have insurance and will pay by card so hopefully I'll be covered should something happen. 

Yes, I would also advise you not to store your dress at the shop once it comes in - keep it at home. 

• Thanks, I'd have never thought of that.

• imageimage

Went dress shopping today, shop 1 of 4 this week. And this could be my dress. It's the one to beat. It has little straps but I much prefer it with the sleves in the first photo, what do you think?

And this is the bridesmaid dress we picked out on Saturday!! This sample is huge so it doesn't fit really. 

And they can get the exact dress in the right size for my 10 year old bridesmaid. She really wanted a grown up dress.

We're having hot pink flowers!

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Ooh exciting you may have found your dress! - it looks lovely.

Your bridesmaid dress is also lovely, very classic and hot pink and Navy go beautifully together.

Oh you look amazing!

• The wedding dress is beautiful, and the bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous too! 
  • Theyre both gorgeous! I agree with the sleeves, it adds something to it and balances it out i think  x
  • Thanks Ladies!
    I had 4 appointments booked on four days this week. 
    At every shop I had a favourite. 2 tulle skirt sparkly tops, 1 very plain with a big bow front and centre and 1 silk with a rose print and sleves.

But this one I just can't get out of my head (ignore the face I was having to tell Mum how to work the camera phone!!!)
    I felt the prettiest in this dress, it made me emotional, AND I can have it with a hot pink under skirt (I'm having hot pink shoes)
    I'm going to think about it for a little while but I this this could be my dress!!

It's gorgeous 😍
  • I love the dress!
  • After dress hunting all week we ended last week with an awful cake tasting....it tasted like rubber. Getting quite dejected the cake hunt now! Still thinking on the dress, will try them on again in January. 

But this week it has been very exciting!
    I've booked his kilt appointment for January. 
    We've arranged another cake tasting in January, got another 2 sending samples.
    Booked 2 florist appointments in January. 
    And our wedding venue has invited us for our initial planning meeting on 2nd February!! I'm so excited as it'll be the first time we'll have seen the conservatory entirely set up for a wedding. Cannot wait!!

Then booked appointment to give notice in February. 
    Ordered the card for the place cards which I'm making myself and have 144 to make!!

I've also booked Mum a MOTB shopping trip in January too!!

Now just need to pick a cake maker I like.....

On a downside.....our boiler and fuseboard needs replacing!
  • I found cakes so disappointing, we tried so many dry and flavourless cakes! It was such a reliev to finally found someone that could bake in the end. 
  • I'm finding the cake and the dress the hardest things to decide on!!
    The cake because I'm a baker and know what good cake tasted like!! But I also don't want to pay £950 for it!! Fingers crossed there's some samples coming tomorrow!!
    So our first Christmas in our new house and as engaged couple is done and dusted. We had 11 over for lunch Christmas day which was a challenge with one small oven but everyone got fed.

We're now back to wedding planning!!
    I've started on making the namecards, we're using hot pink and navy card with gold letter stickers for the names....8 down 136 to go 😁

We have a cake consultation today with someone I saw another bride on her used. Quite excited as she gets loads of good reviews, her style is what I like and her prices are reasonable.
    We were meant to see a florist today but she had to rearrange at the last minute last night. Which is really annoying.

I've also just this morning ordered a custom cake topper of me and FH he loves them and whilst I'm not so keen I want him to feel like he's part of the day too. So I'm now debating on whether to keep it a surprise or not..... 
    It's been a busy couple of weeks wedding-ing here!
    We booked the cake maker we saw 2 weeks ago, we're having chocolate and salted caramel, Batternburg, black forest and spiced apple. Her cake was delicious and got my idea so we signed on the dotted line.

The florist came and we discussed everything but she hasn't sent a quote yet which is really annoying!

The boys ordered their Kilts last weekend....I got the bill yesterday, FH's is going to be £1200....so more than my dress and above budget. We're having a buy the kilts as his tartan is not hireable and he really wants a Plaid. So he's going to have to save some more cash over the next 6 month's to pay for it!!

Last Tuesday I went to a sample sale and found a dress I really liked. I have it narrowed down to 2 I think. But My Mum is up this weekend so we're going to the dress shops as planned and trying the sample one on Monday. Fingers crossed!! 

These are the dresses, the stripey dress I've tried has been modified to be strapless but I'd have it like the original. I wear a lot of stripes and love that it's different to the normal wedding dress.
    The lace dress I've just not been able to get out of my head since November. I felt really pretty in it, but when I look at the pictures I just don't know I like how it looks. Trying this again tomorrow morning. 

What's your opinions ladies?

This is me in the strapless version. The top is too big, small boobs!! I'm having some custom embellished hot pink shoes. 
    But wouldn't have the pink sash.
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 488 New bride
    I think you look amazing in both, however the stripey one is my favourite. I know you have to have alterations to it, but you look absolutely beaming in it x 
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Both are lovely but I also love the stripy one! It's super pretty and unique and you look really happy in it :)
    Both lovely, I personally prefer the lace, the other one looks more like a prom/occasion dress to me - but on the plus side that means you could get more than one wear out of it.