What does this ring look like to you?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a ring that represents the sun/sunsets in some way due to sentimental associations of that and my partner.

We've found this engagement/wedding ring set which I like, and I see a sunset when I look at it, but I'm not sure if that's because I want to! 

It doesn't have to overtly look like a sun but would you at least make the connection? 

Thanks!image 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

I didn’t automatically see that but now you’ve said it I can get that definitely. I think anything with that shape would work well - it’s a lovely ring and if you can see it and appreciate the sentiment then that’s all that really matters. 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I think its  lovely and does represent what you want it to.

If you're still looking around, Local Ecletic has some really lovely unusual rings as does Carrie Elizabeth Jewellery. 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

It didn’t look like anything to me when I first looked at it, but now ive read the post I can see why it might look like a sunset to you. I wouldn’t have made that connection myself though.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,068 New bride

I wouldn't have made the connection until you said, but I'm not sure anyone else needs to see a meaning in your rings as long as you do.

• KittyFiennesKittyFiennes Posts: 938 New bride

I definitely thought sunrise when I saw the design.

Do you ever plan to wear just your wedding ring? I often do to prevent wear & tear on my large solitaire (esp for work). One thing I wanted this time was a wedding ring I could wear w/o my e-ring that would look fine on it's own. I had a "shadow band" style last time and I thought it looked really odd to wear without the e-ring. Perhaps not a consideration for you, but you might want to consider how each piece looks on its own.