Invites!

Hey!

I was wondering when you all sent out your invites. I am getting married in 5th May 2019. I have them all ready to go!

I am having a lot of overseas guests and I don't want to rush and stress for RSVPs. The venue need all final numbers and payment 6 weeks before the wedding so thats the end of March. 

When should I sent the invites? 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

We get married abroad end of May 2019 and I’ve just ordered our invites. They’ll go out pretty much as soon as they arrive and I write out the names. I think when you’ve got people coming or going overseas, it’s fine to send them early so that people can start planning.

We’ve put an RSVP date of 1st Feb - will need final numbers in April so time to chase up any non responders. As we are getting married abroad there are quite a lot of things we need numbers for and which will swing the budget by quite a bit so we have put a note on our websites that we’d appreciate any early responses if people are certain they can or can’t come.

• Hi Ashley!

OK this is a great help!

Your timings sound similar to mine. So would you say your invites will go out at the end of Aug?

• I have sent mine 5 months before the wedding but did a save the date a year before for overseas guests to be fair. I honestly don’t know what I’d do with an invite more than a few months before to be honest, probably lose it.

Thats just my experience and opinion though and I definitely agree on sending overseas ones further ahead of you can 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

I don't think you really can be too early anyway, if I was invited to a wedding overseas I would appreciate as much notice as possible.

• Ok perfect!

Thanks for all the advice ladies!