Dont know where to start!

Hi all i have joined this wedding forum for hopfully help and advice off you lovely lot!my self and my husband to be are wanting to get get married in Cyprus 2020 (June hopfully)we have spoken to a few travel agents regarding booking it,but as most of you know you cant book that early due to price changes from year to year. One of my questions is do you book your hoilday and wedding as a package?or do you have to book your wedding then the hoilday separately???The travel agents are much help to be honest 😕and should we book through a travel agent or the hotel directly?

Helppppppp!dont know where to start☹

• RuthPRuthP Posts: 16 New bride

How exciting! We’re getting married close to home so I don’t know all the answers, but is it worth narrowing down to a couple of hotels you like the look of and contacting their wedding coordinator? I’m sure they can advise the best way to approach and put you in touch with any travel agents/planners they work with. Good luck!

• Thank you Ruth for your help,we was going to get married closer to home but decided it would be much easy to combine the wedding with a big family holiday!i will definitely take your advice and hopully have a wedding booked soon!Good look with all your wedding planning ect..

Kind regards Kellie 👍

• Hey Kellie firstly congratulations.  We're getting married next year in Greece, Rhodes, lindos, so think I may be able to help you. Firstly we decided to go direct with a wedding planner out there, main reasons for this is u can contact her directly, she's so quick and good at getting back to me :) I just trip advised best wedding planners in Greece and read a lot of reviews. My wedding planner was £1245 that a for the following. 

Lindos Memories Wedding Package £1245 (Lindos area) including:

Booking of the beach wedding ceremony location of Lindos Memories

White gazebo dressed with white curtains

Dressed registrar’s table and unlimited wedding chairs

Confirmation of the time and date of the wedding

The fees related to your Greek Marriage License & Certificate

The organization and translation of the necessary documents (a maximum of 4 standard documents)

The wedding ceremony conducted in both English & Greek

Full consultation via email, Skype and telephone from your first enquiry

Wedding consultation on arrival in Rhodes with your personal coordinator, available to you 24/7

Visit to ceremony & reception venues

Your wedding certificate in duplicate, complete with Apostilles, translated into English

Full wedding coordination on your wedding day

Wedding reception venue coordination & simple decoration

Wedding photography coordination

A complimentary bottle of champagne for the bride & groom

Bottled water at ceremony venue for all guests

Special, discounted, rates for the hire of our wedding celebration boat

Bridal transport to the wedding ceremony location with our VW Beetle, as featured on our website

The organization of any other bespoke services you may require

All local taxes

We're getting married on the beach then having a boat trip to our reception....
    Ontop of this you then have to pay flowers, cake, more decorations at reception if you want added things, food package for reception, photographer, dj etc etc.

The reason I've done it separately away from a hotel package is so my guests aren't reliant to stay at that particular hotel they can stay where ever they like. As long as there for my wedding day. The travel Agents also tell you that you need to be on the island for at least 5/6 prior to getting married, my direct wedding planner said it was 3.

Ovs it is cheaper doing a whole package in a hotel but it's all about how you want your day to go , so it's entirely up to you.

We booked our holiday separately. Luckily for me most of my guests have booked the same hotel but some haven't, which is still fine.

Hope I've helped you a bit and not ran on too much xxxxx Lauren xxxx

<!--/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/clipdata_180826_132202_025.sdoc-->
  • Hi Lauren thank you so much for giving me much needed info!you didnt ramble on at all ,all the advice you have given me is really helpull and i will definitely take your advice on board.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FABULOUS WEDDING I HOPE YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY X

KELLIE.

• Congratulation Kellie