New business venture - how can I help you?

Hey girls,

Lovely to e-meet with you on here. 

I am currently in the middle of setting up a new business aimed at making the bridal experience as enjoyable as it should be and take the burden of the chores in the planning process away.

The thing I am trying to figure out is if there is a need for me and my business idea?

I would love to hear from you if you have the time and interest - I really appreciate all feedback (even if it tells me the business is a dud)

** Update** I now have 2 live surveys on Survey Monkey which I would love for you to use - They are the same questions as below, however, due to Survey Monkey Question restriction's I have had to create the survey in two parts.

Part 1 - About you and your budget     https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZZP6TPM 

Part 2 - Planning and anything else.    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5KKFM2G 

I hope you don't mind, but should you rather not use Survey Monkey, please still feel free to use the below:

To complete the survey - ***please COPY AND PASTE BELOW** and provide your answers:

1. Getting to know you
a) What is your age range? 18-25 / 26-30 / 31-40 / 41+
b) What is your martial Status? Single / Engaged / Married / Divorced / Other

2. About your wedding?
a) Where? Hotel/ Church/ Registry/Abroad/other
b) Budget/Cost estimate? _________
c) Months spent planning? _________

3. About your budget?
a) Did you forecast a budget? And if so, was it attainable? ________________
b) How did you establish your budget? ____________

4. Planning
a) How did you start planning? Magazines/ online/wedding fares/ guest at weddings/ other?
b) What was the most stressful part of planning? _______________
c) Would you use help if it was available i.e. planner/consultant? Yes / No 
d) If so, what specifically would you benefit from having someone else take care of?
-Suppliers point of contact and negotiations
-Sourcing (dress designers, venues, flowers, cakes etc)
-Budget management
e) If you would consider seeking support in the wedding planning process – how much would you be happy to reasonably pay for the service?
Hourly Rate: 
- £10 - £20 ph
- £20 - £30 ph
- £30+
f) If you used this service – how would you rather be billed? Monthly / annually / end of service / upfront

5. Is there anything else that you wish you had help with during the planning process whether you have already had your wedding, or are currently planning or are just thinking of the fairy tale day – I would love to hear from you all.

Thank you so so much for taking the time to read this post and even more thanks if you chose to comment  

Thanks girls

Rachel

• Rachel461 wrote (see post):

Hey girls,

Lovely to e-meet with you on here. 

I am currently in the middle of setting up a new business aimed at making the bridal experience as enjoyable as it should be and take the burden of the chores in the planning process away.

The thing I am trying to figure out is if there is a need for me and my business idea?

I would love to hear from you if you have the time and interest - I really appreciate all feedback (even if it tells me the business is a dud)

To complete the survey - ***please COPY AND PASTE BELOW** and provide your answers:

1. Getting to know you
    a) What is your age range? 18-25 / 26-30 / 31-40 / 41.  

26/30 and 31-40

+
    b) What is your martial Status? Single / Engaged / Married / Divorced / Other

engaged

2. About your wedding?
    a) Where? Hotel/ Church/ Registry/Abroad/other

barn, all at one venue 

b) Budget/Cost estimate? _________ £18,000

c) Months spent planning? _________

18 Months booked but 6 weeks proper planned 

3. About your budget?
    a) Did you forecast a budget? And if so, was it attainable? ________________

yes 

b) How did you establish your budget? ____________

Estimated based off quotes 

4. Planning

a) How did you start planning? Magazines/ online/wedding fares/ guest at weddings/ other?

online research 

b) What was the most stressful part of planning? _______________

logistics 
    c) Would you use help if it was available i.e. planner/consultant? Yes / No 

yes

d) If so, what specifically would you benefit from having someone else take care of?
    -Budget management

all of the above 

e) If you would consider seeking support in the wedding planning process – how much would you be happy to reasonably pay for the service?
    Hourly Rate: 
    - £10 - £20 ph
    - £20 - £30 ph
    - £30+

Depending on experience £20-30 for newly established and £30+ for reputable with a good portfolio

f) If you used this service – how would you rather be billed? Monthly / annually / end of service / upfront

id want an upfront quote and secure with deposit. Very advanced warning if costs were to increase. Staged payments and end of supply final bill 

5. Is there anything else that you wish you had help with during the planning process whether you have already had your wedding, or are currently planning or are just thinking of the fai

• Sorry my answers are all over the place- I’ve answered on my phone and the site doesn’t appear very mobile friendly on my device 

• 1. Getting to know you
    a) What is your age range?  26-30 
    b) What is your martial Status?  Engaged

2. About your wedding?
    a) Where? other
    b) Budget/Cost estimate? £12,000
    c) Months spent planning? 22

3. About your budget?
    a) Did you forecast a budget? And if so, was it attainable? Nope  - totally under estimated
    b) How did you establish your budget? When we had a few quotes so had realistic ideas. 

4. Planning
    a) How did you start planning? online &wedding fares
    b) What was the most stressful part of planning? Family!! and everyone elses expectations
    c) Would you use help if it was available i.e. planner/consultant? Maybe
    -Budget management
    - Logistical management, who will be where when and doing what ect

Hourly Rate: 
    - £10 - £20 ph

f) If you used this service – how would you rather be billed? Monthly

5. Is there anything else that you wish you had help with during the planning process whether you have already had your wedding, or are currently planning or are just thinking of the fairy tale day – I would love to hear from you all.

I dont really know, im 3 months in with 19 to go, and it seems hard to know how to break it all up and what to expect. Generally i feel planners are expensive. I understand how much they do but were already spending more than i had wanted so it feels hard when its seen as a luxury. maybe a planner who could do one off things, like source a great dress or find a caterer, but thats all. 

• 1. Getting to know you
    a) What is your age range? 26-30
    b) What is your martial Status? Engaged

2. About your wedding?
    a) Where? Private Members Club
    b) Budget/Cost estimate? £25k
    c) Months spent planning? 23 months

3. About your budget?
    a) Did you forecast a budget? And if so, was it attainable? Yes. We are still saving as the wedding isn't until May 2020 but we are on track
    b) How did you establish your budget? We worked out how much everything we wanted would cost and split the total between the amount of months we had to save to see if it was affordable, luckily it was

4. Planning
    a) How did you start planning? Magazines/ online/wedding fares/ guest at weddings/ other? Online and wedding fayres. Pinterest, wedding forums etc
    b) What was the most stressful part of planning? So far, not going over budget on unnecessary things
    c) Would you use help if it was available i.e. planner/consultant? No, purely because I really enjoy planning and would like to be a planner myself 
    -Budget management
    Hourly Rate: 
    - £10 - £20 ph
    - £20 - £30 ph
    - £30+

• Would you not be better off using survey monkey or similar?  I'm sure there is lots like me that would have answered but don't want to cut and paste.  

If you can't use basic software I wouldn't have much faith in your professionalism.  Sorry if that sounded nasty but apart from anything else lots of people wouldn't want to copy personal financial information on an open website.    

• Hi Jamie,

Yes of course I can - I had originall started with survey monkey, however, they only offered 10 questions free and after that, you had to sign up to a £35pm contract - which when sourcing some research for a potential startup - a £35pm 12 month contract is not ideal.

I will look at the feasibility and logistics of a work around.

Thanks for your comment.

Rachel

** Update ** I have now included 2 Survey Monkey surveys. Please see original post 

Thank you everyone for your help and input so far. It is really really appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

• Did the new surveys x

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

Have done the surveys. Good luck!

• I just responded to your survey. Re: Planning Pricing, I thought I would mention something the planner who freelances at my venue does with regards to pricing:

https://www.devinebride.co.uk/services

She lists everything really comprehensively on her site and has a list of different packages and pricing structures for the work involved. I thought this was massively helpful when I saw it.

Definitely worth considering as well as the per hour pricing you mentioned previously.

• Thank you all so so much - you are all so lovely  

And thank you weatherwaxe, I really appreciate that - so sweet! 

Thanks again,

Rachel