Engagment Party ?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to ask a quick question. Did anyone have an engagement party?

Me and my OH have been together for 13 years and are getting married in 2020; both sides of the family have separated and re married so we have quiet a large immediate family, so having a BBQ at home would be a no go (there is 28 of us just with parents, their partners, siblings, their partners, nieces, nephews and grandparents - never mind aunts/uncles/cousins/friends). So we've been trying to think of a way to get everyone together without breaking the bank, any suggestions would be amazing!

Thank you!

• We had one :) We hired the back section of a local cocktail bar and as long as we made £1000 on the night it was free - we had no problem doing this haha. Maybe try some pubs or bars and see if they offer something similar. PS - Congratulations! 

• Could you organise something like a picnic in a park? everyone can bring something and then you dont need to worry about space! It can still be a whole day affair, bring some charged up bluetooth speakers for background music and you can all just chill out and catch up! 

• Hi! We had one in a function room in our local pub, it cost £600, but that included everything (DJ, Cake, Welcome Drinks, Buffet for 100 people). So I would definitely suggest a pub as a cost effective move. 

We are getting married in 2020 too, so it was nice to get everyone together before the wedding. x

• Thank you for the replies! Some fab suggestions I will definetly look into.

I'm pleased others have had engagement parties as alot of my friends/family didn't. I love the idea of getting everyone together, most of both families have never all been in a room at the same time. So thought it would be nice to do it before the wedding/stag/hens etc. Did you all enjoy It and find it worth while organising? X