Hello!

New person here! My partner and I are just starting to plan our wedding, so nothing booked or in place as yet, and hoping to get lots and lots of ideas! The only thing I know is that it will be towards the end of next year (2020, probably around August or September time).

Look forward to sharing the wedding journey with you all! 

:)

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 896 New bride
    Welcome Arrietty, congrats on your upcoming wedding 😊 enjoy the planning and run up to the big day! 
  • ArriettyArrietty Posts: 21 New bride
    Thank you MrsPope! We've decided to have the wedding on Halloween next year, so that's one thing in place, yay! 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,281 New bride
    Welcome @Arrietty 😊
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Welcome!! A Halloween wedding sounds so exciting!! You can have so much fun with the style and decor!
  • ArriettyArrietty Posts: 21 New bride
    Thanks Gin and Coffee! 

Yeah it's gonna be really good, lots of autumnal tones I think, and candles everywhere. Also with traditional Scottish aspects like tartan and thistles, and a piper to welcome folk. 

Just made appointments to see two lovely venues - Prestonfield House here in Edinburgh, and Barony Castle in the Borders. Do like Prestonfield a bit more, but they don't offer an evening do - however my friend just pointed out we could find somewhere cool like the Dungeons or Banshee's Labyrinth and have the evening there (and it would fit really well with the Halloween theme!) So we'll see what the craic is after that. 
  • I am married already but I love to read all this.