Forum home Getting started

Santorini Wedding 2021 - Wedding Planners and cost advice - Help

Hello

We are looking to get married in Santorini in June 2021, we only want a small wedding but predict about 25-30 people will come. I have reached out to 2 planners and heard nothing back. We put a budget of 20K to spend, am i being naive, is this too small and so we are not worth considering? 

I have found the whole process of this really difficult, is it just me? 

Thanks for your advice in advance. x

• Hi Jennifer, I am in very much the same situation as you here - I feel I have found my venue, but I still have no idea on costs realistically? 
    Have you had much luck since your last post? 
    Have you looked into a Wedding Planner at all? I have spoken with a couple, but I am really confused with what they are offering for such an extortionate price... I’ve found pretty much all of the vendors I would like to use myself, I would just like someone to conduct my day and assistance with flowers really, but I am being quoted in the region of €3000??
    xx
  • Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 589 New bride
    Hey,

I got married there June last year, it was beautiful!
    Yes, you can do it for 20k all in just bear in mind everything is more expensive than you think it should be. 
    I used a great on the day coordinator called Mary Aligizaki and will happily look out her details if you would like. 
    She does full wedding planning too but I'd already started with another planner which turned out to be a nightmare. He doesn't work on the island now. 
    For on the day coordination and help pulling things together in the last few weeks, celebrant and legal fees Santorini side it was around 750 euros.

This is now the off season and many people won't be at work now, maybe for a few more weeks or not even until March so that could be why you have a lack of response. 

Happy to help with anything else you may want to know. 

• Hi 

I am between Santorini and lake como ...but haven't made a decision yet...
    Both seem quite expensive  but I was addressed to Alexandra from Gold-Weddings Santorini and their rates seem normal..
    I will keep you updated on my decision!

• Hello everyone,  Iam a photographer based in the UK and very much like covering destination weddings. I have photographed weddings in Italy, Germany and Spain and would love to photograph weddings in other destinations.

If you are still looking for a wedding photographer, please get in touch. I have a set fee of £1900 for a destination wedding in Europe including travel and accommodation.

Here is the link to the Amalfi Coast wedding - https://www.dolinskaweddings.com/amalfi-coast-wedding-photographer

and Lanzarote one - https://www.dolinskaweddings.com/lanzarote-wedding-photography-mario-victoria

My style is a documentary/ condid so i love to capture natural moments and tell the story of the day.

Please feel free to ask any questions and i look forward to hear from you all lovely brides!

Radka