Name change advice?

I have a slight issue.
After my wedding I will be changing my name to a hyphened name. (This is because I have a daughter from my previous relationship with a hyphened name and I want to share part of my name with my daughter still)
However I'm unsure what to do about my middle name. 
The problem is my new married name will be very long. 
I've already spoken to my own mother and she isn't fussed if i was to drop my middle name in order to make my name a little shorter. But that would mean changing my name by deed poll which is more money and weddings cost a bloody lot as is so every penny counts.

Would you keep the middle name and have a long name. 
Or keep it to three names and drop it?

• Personally, i'm planning to change it by deed poll and move my maiden name to a second middle name, and my current surname is pretty long. Id rather go with a longer name all in all, than still have to lose a name, but its all personal preference. Think about how often you'll need to write the full name inc the middle name and just  see from there if its worth it to you. 
  • Personally, i'm planning to change it by deed poll and move my maiden name to a second middle name, and my current surname is pretty long. Id rather go with a longer name all in all, than still have to lose a name, but its all personal preference. Think about how often you'll need to write the full name inc the middle name and just  see from there if its worth it to you. 
    I think you might be right. 
    I don't really use my middle name all that often so it wouldn't really be a massive deal.
  • I figured in only ever going to need to write all 3 for things like drivers license, passport, or more formal documents, but generally thats pretty few and far between so to me its worth it to keep that part of my identity. 
  • I think you should keep your middle name - I have a really long name- first name, two middle names and a double-barrelled surname and its few and far between that I have to write down the middle names.

I’m not planning on changing my name when I get married (which would make it shorter) so I definitely seem to be on the side of having a long name!
  • @CitytoCountry I think you may be right! As vile as my middle name is it is still a name my mom chose!
  • I personally would keep the middle name. As others have said, how often do you actually us it for it to be a problem? and what's wrong with having a long name? There is no right or wrong regarding name length. Its part of your identity.