He asked on Saturday in Lincoln Cathedral!

Lee and I have been together for nearly 2yrs now, after first meeting in Microbiology labs at Coventry University in 1999.

During his half-brother's wedding in July, he told me that one day we'd have a day like this and suggested buying the book related to this website.

On Saturday, we went to the Lincoln Christmas Market. On the way round the market, he asked if we could go into the cathedral and in there, with the city's brass band playing Christmas carols in the main atrium, he got down on his knee and asked me. And, of course, I said 'yes'!

So happy!

• natjonnatjon Posts: 357
    Congatulations ! & welcome to the site x
  • Wow what a place to be asked i used to live in Lincoln and i love that cathedral.

Congratulations!!
  • Congratulations!!! I will never forget that feeling enjoy it!!!
  • jojo1651jojo1651 Posts: 989
    congratulations and welcome, how romantic!!
  • bride74bride74 Posts: 2,840
    Ahhh!! Thats sooo sweet!! Congratulations..xx
  • Ah congratulations to you both, when is the big day!!

ximage
  • Congratulations! That's really romantic! Good luck with your wedding plans! x
  • I'm orginially from lincoln and my grand father was the stone mason in lincoln catherdal his ashes are there, what a beautiful place to get engaged..congratulations xxxxx
  • Many thanks for all of your messages.

He proposed with my grandmother's ring so off to a jewellers in Coventry (Ph.D Supervisor's recommendation - not just for study-related help!) this afternoon as it needs a bit of adjustment.

It's been such a great start to the Christmas period and I look forward to surfing this site for advice, opinions and ideas - I'm sure it's going to be an enjoyable experience!

Michelle image
  • MrsQM2MrsQM2 Posts: 3,723
    congratulations!!! What a lovely proposal!!