please read and please help me!

Hi there. Many of you read and replied to my last topic about the fact I stupidly brought a wedding dress under pressure, that I knew wasn't the one and really regret doing so, as it cost my nan, £600. I told the store that my SIL2B has brought a very similar dress (which is half true) and shes marrying in Feb. As we have the same guests, due to family and fact brother work at the same place, i didnt want guests to think it was same dress.

I have called the store the woman said basically "it's a monday morning, and you come out with that, phone bk later when I'm in the mood" I do and its on answer phone. I call again an hour later. Now she wants me to try and sell the dress, which I am trying to do on ebay, which has cost me over 8 quid in bloody listing fees. She has said she is going to sleep on it and see what she can do, and has booked me in for an appointment on Saturday. She said she MIGHT give me a credit note. In other words, she won't and I am going to be stuck selling that other dress, and not being able to. The cheek of it, thinking I am going to buy their if she doesn't give me a credit note.

The dress is a size 12, on my reciept it say depoists nonrefundable, my depoist was £300!!!

It was a shop sample, but it had never been worn. Shes got the dress at the store and thinks that she cant stick it back on the rail coz wen ppl try it on its going to look tatty. Like its my problem!!

Anyways what can I do? What would you ladies do? PLEASE HELP ME!

By the way I forgot to say the woman told me on the phone to use that excuse on ebay of a woman changing her plans. I don't think it's going to work. I've had two watchers since i put it on their and I've now lowered the price by 50 quid, in a desperate attempt to sell the bloody thing. PLEASE REPLY! I don't know what my rights are on this! xxx

Post amended: breach of chatroom rules

[Modified by: jaynew88 on 11 December 2007 13:18:01 ]

[Modified by: Web Master on 12 December 2007 10:43:11 ]

• hi if i were you i would call consumer direct http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

they should be able to help you.you might lose £300 deposit but you still might be able to get the other half refunded (i know that doesnt help much but its better than being stuck with a dress you dont like)

i done the same thing as you but a much cheaper dress (160) my mate decided last week she is getting married on 28th of this month so i gave the dress to her as a present as she couldnr afford a new one and she wanted a white dress.
  • HI,

I cant believe that the bridal shop has such little respect for their customers. Its not like she is going to lose out as its not a dress that has been ordered. Is it within 14 days since you bought the dress??

My friend had a similiar issue only she found out she was preg and so dress would neva fit by the time of the wedding and she got a credit note that has to b used by the yr 2010.

Id b a bit more forceful on the issue if you dont get anywhere with playing nice.

Hope you get what you need x
  • jaynew88jaynew88 Posts: 176
    thanks!!! the full amount was paid on the 16th nov i think. will find out tomorrow! xx
  • pantaloonpantaloon Posts: 2,348
    i think as you have put a make an offer button on the ebay page you will get a lot of watchers until the auction is about to end. This is classic of ebay and someone wanting to get a bargain. Dont change the price any lower as people watching will see this and continue to hang on - you can always relist it.

as for the shop woman - what she said to you on teh phone is just damn right rude. i would check your consumer rights as suggested earlier

good luck x
  • pantaloonpantaloon Posts: 2,348
    i think as you have put a make an offer button on the ebay page you will get a lot of watchers until the auction is about to end. This is classic of ebay and someone wanting to get a bargain. Dont change the price any lower as people watching will see this and continue to hang on - you can always relist it.

as for the shop woman - what she said to you on teh phone is just damn right rude. i would check your consumer rights as suggested earlier

good luck x
  • riallewsriallews Posts: 254
    runningbird is very much right - dont lower the price - watchers is a good thing. people will bid close to the end time so they don't push the price up too high or get too much competition - its a short acution so you'll only have to wait another day - and watch the bids come flying inimage

in the meantime get on that woman's back! as nuttabride says, if playing nice doesnt work there are other ways (grins evilly)
  • you could tell her that she is making bad publicity for herself - suggest you have friends who will be getting married soon and if she doesn't give you good service you'll make sure they all know about it?