anyone in norwich/norfolk? need helping planning!:)

Just wondering if there are any norfolk brides out there? :\)

i am planning my wedding for 6/9/2008 in a marquee!:\)

I need help!image lol would love some recomendations of good suppiers and tips etc.

Have nothing planned yet and need to get cracking!image

thanks Katiex:\)

• EJoyukEJoyuk Posts: 224
    Hi Katie,

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

I am also a Norfolk bride, not getting married till 2009 though.

Where are you getting married?

So, what have you booked so far? I can recommend a good photographer if required.

You have still got a little while but I'm sure that will fly by.

I don't get on here every day but happy to offer advice and tips, I am quite organised!!

Keep in touch.

• We are having the wedding at my church in drayton and the reception at my parents in a marquee!

no we havent done much planning yet am leaving it all until the new year!image

any recomendations would be fab.

thnking of using phil scott for photos as he did a good job with my friends photos!image

thanks Katie
  • spice1ukspice1uk Posts: 217
    Hi Katie,

Congratulations! We are getting married 20/4/08 at The King of Hearts, (behind St Andrew's Hall) and I'm fairly organised, I think! What sort of things do you want advice on? I can recommend a brilliant make up lady and small stationery company for invites if you'd like?

As it's second time around for us and I'm 49, I'm not having the usual "bride" type of dress so prob not much use in suggesting dress shops. Did find Sarah at the Wedding Party Shop in St benedicts very helpful though. She suggested the printing company to me and have a huge selection of invitation samples plus accessories.

Are you going to The Wedding Show at the Forum? Think it's Jan 18/19th? I went to one earlier this year and found it really helpful.

Just ask away and I'll try and help.

Julie x
  • Kate1515Kate1515 Posts: 233
    Hiya! I'm a Norfolk Bride too. We get married on 28th June 08 at Wymondham Abbey, followed by the reception at Hunters Hall, Swanton Morley. We have most things planned and booked now so feel free to ask questions or for recommendations! Kate x
  • tinksyuktinksyuk Posts: 1,672
    im a norfolk bride to!!however im planning my wedding from sheffield! im getting married the 13/9/09 so got a while yet but im looking forward to it! getting married at blofield church hopefully and then reception is at the oaklands hotel in the marquee! sooo excited!!xx

• Sarag66Sarag66 Posts: 374
    hi i am a Norfolk bride also. I am getting married at Hunters Hall in Swanton Morley on 12th July 08. Have got most things sorted now. Can also say that Sarah at The Wedding Party shop in Norwich is extremely helpful. We are using a company called Box of Delights for our balloons and things they are really good. would be nice for all us ol' norfolk gals to keep in touch.

Sara
  • well i found out the pure bridal shop on st benedicts has a monthly sale of ex display dresses etc just out of the city so might try that.

Need a good marquee company, recomendations for caterers, photographer, cars u name it we need it lol

Not set a strict date yet have left H2B deciding and then he can tell me!image

thanks and happy christmas!image

tinkys my parents are in Brundall, blofield church is so nice!image
  • tinksyuktinksyuk Posts: 1,672
    no1smiles my mum lives in brundall and i grew up here but we have some family connections with blofield so we are hoping to get married there although we do need a license. if not we will get married in brundall. are parents quite possibly know each other! xxx
  • i have a friend who lives in Hethersett, will ask for tips x