engagement ring issues

Hi

i need some advice i know this is going to sound really silly but i watched the film blood diamond at the weekend and no i am worried my engagement ring is a conflict diamond!

yesterday i called a jeweller about having my ring certified (it didnt come with a certificate) and he said i should not have bought a ring without one as you have no idea what you are buying or where it came from! i am worried now as the jeweller sounded quite astonished that i didnt get a certificate with it and basically said i shouldnt have bought it at all

i need some advice! shall i change it? or am i just being over sensitive image x

• tt25777tt25777 Posts: 2,239
    Where did you get your ring from?

Mine came from Goldsmiths who guarntee that all diamonds they sell are non conflict. Mine didn't come with a certificate.
  • mrsgoonermrsgooner Posts: 98
    Hi

it is from Earnest Jones but they made it clear that they couldnt tell my H2B anything about the ring x
  • sarahrobsonuksarahrobsonuk Posts: 3,266
    Have you asked Ernest Jones if they deal in conflict diamonds? most shops dont now, it might be on their website.
    Have you asked Ernest Jones if they deal in conflict diamonds? most shops dont now, it might be on their website.
    Been on website, diamonds mined from 01.01.03 non conflict, prior that, they aren't knowingly sold, conflict diamonds make up 1 per cent of sales, so i think its highly unlikely that your ring would be a conflict diamond.
  • mrsgoonermrsgooner Posts: 98
    ok thanks girls put my mind to rest!! x was considering taking it back! x x