Favours?

what favours are you allhaving i really havent got a clue what to have so any help would be grateful thanks x

• Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,284
    I'm giving a charity donation instead of favours for guests
  • I'm doing same sort of thing as AmandaCS, I'm getting raffle tickets from our local hospice. Thought of giving lottery tickets then I received a flyer saying they were selling raffle tickets and a light bulb went off in my head. Fingers crossed they will be doing a raffle around the time we get married, if not I will be asking the local childrens cancer trust if they do something similar.

Away from that theme, you could give mini plant pots or I read somewhere that the couple had bought bags of plant seeds and then had them personalised with their wedding details and gave them to guests.

• I'm doing same sort of thing as AmandaCS, I'm getting raffle tickets from our local hospice. Thought of giving lottery tickets then I received a flyer saying they were selling raffle tickets and a light bulb went off in my head. Fingers crossed they will be doing a raffle around the time we get married, if not I will be asking the local childrens cancer trust if they do something similar.

Away from that theme, you could give mini plant pots or I read somewhere that the couple had bought bags of plant seeds and then had them personalised with their wedding details and gave them to guests.

• noseegnoseeg Posts: 89
    ive heard of peole giving lottery tickets before but im just having personalised chocolates with coffee and matchbooks as alot of our guests smoke, very cheap and more likely to be appriciated. at my h2b`s brothers wedding they went to a huge effort of making cds which just got left on the tables which must have been heartbreaking.
  • nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    we're having a heart shaped chocolates in a purple and white orgnaza bag with a heart shape tied round the top and a small bottle of vodka for the ladies plus a bookmark with our wedding verse on it and then a small bottle of whisky for the men with a cigar.

The children are having a part box each.
  • emmacorrollemmacorroll Posts: 2,264
    We're having 3 Thorntons truffles in little ivory boxes tied with gold ribbon for the men, and 3 miniature gold glitter bath bombs in gold bags for the women.

• SiannyukSiannyuk Posts: 141
    For my wedding we are just having an informal, stand up buffet reception and lots of dancing (very traditional for where I'm from). Apart from bridesmaid/attendants, I assume it isn't necessary for favours at such a thing?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Hi Kez

We are having seedsticks they come in a personalised packet with your names and the date of the wedding on them like a matchbook but only bigger and all your guest's do is take them home stick em in a plant pot and water. Then they will have a beautiful flower/plant to remind them of your day :\)

Theyr'e not expensive and I bought organza bags on e-bay

HTH
  • kezuk1kezuk1 Posts: 48
    hi lubymum

where did u get the seedsticks from it sounds like a really good idea

thanks x
  • we are also getting seedsticks. u can get them from ebay and confetti.co.uk.

becky.x
  • nice favours www.bellasblooms.piczo.com
  • Kez

I'm getting our seedsticks from celebrations

http://www.celebrationsplus.com/search.php?xSearch=seedsticks&xSort=name

HTH xx

• Hi All,

I worked at a wedding this weekend and they had brilliant favours, pink breast cancer pins for the girls and testicular cancer dog tags for the guys. I thought that was a great idea and something really worth while.

Personally I don't really get favours, I know almonds are traditional but we spent hours putting them in bags for my bro's wedding and they were left/thrown away.

• My wedding is on the 2nd December and I have bought christmas boobles and threaded personalised ribbon with ours names and wedding date through them - to hang on Christmas trees.

I bought organza bags and made up a little thank you ryhme to put in them.

Made them up this week and they are fab and so inexpensive and 70p each!!!!
  • Our wedding is in December next yr and we're thinking of giving Advent Calendars, but not sure yet
  • I'm keeping to a scottish theme and i'm having miniture bottles of whiskey for the men and tablet (a scottish sweet) for the women. We also have lots of children attending so I'm going to put some sort of party bag together for them.
  • Does anyone have any ideas for a late november wedding , i thought of small bottles of mulled wine (this is what we are having for our drinks reception) but cant think of much else - want something a little different
  • dpatsdpats Posts: 120
    me and h2b are having little mini bride and groom gingerbread men (www.imageonfood.co.uk) just thought it was really different, and don't have to get different ones for the kids then! take a look, it's worth it!