Wedding Readings and Poems

Hi all,

Just found this website and thought what a great way to take away Friday boredom at work! I would much rather talk about my wedding that do invoicing!!!

Getting Married next August 25th.

I have a close friend and my h2b sister to do the readings in the church. We want the ceremony to be very sentimental and personal and want some beautiful readinsg or poems.

Anys suggestions where to look or can anyone offer any good ones?

• Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,284
    Hi and welcome, this forum is fantastic - but so addictive!

If you type 'readings' into the search box on the left you'll find lots of articles and previous chat discussions with readings, you're bound to find something you like. Most of them reduce me to tears!
  • wow thank you.

just read the first one that came up. loved it!!! will have a good look now.

when are you getting married?

i want a fairytale theme but cannot afford the £20000 wedding but i am trying my best. trying to add little personal touches. any suggestions?

my niece has written a poem and that will be written on the inside of our menu and she will read it aloud before saying grace, which i think will be very touching.

also we are making all of our stationary and making the ivites in a scroll type way.

going to try on dresses tomorrow for the very first time!!!!
  • Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,284
    I love the bit about your niece, how cute!

My wedding's in June but have got practically nothing organised yet. Am putting off dress shopping until the New Year.

I have a tiny budget and am trying to make it stretch, but it doesn't go far!

• nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    i've got a few if that helps xx

The little things are the big ones.

It is never being too old to hold hands.

It is remembering to say -I love you' at least once a day.

It is never taking the other for granted.

It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.

It is standing together facing the world.

It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.

It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy.

It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.

It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humour.

It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.

It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.

It is finding room for things of the spirit.

• There's a really brilliant website that i came across when i was asked to do a reading at my sisters wedding last year.

http://www.commissionapoem.com

You send in a brief to the poet (as thorough as you want!) and he drafts a poem for you that is not only unique but personal to you. Specially commissioned so something you can keep forever too.

Just give him the info and the tone that you'd like and he'll do it for you. I really thought he was excellent and would recommend him to anyone!

He was able to capture what i wanted to say perfectly. So much so that i'm going to use him again for my own wedding next July!