very recently engaged

Hi my boyfriend (future Hubby) and i recently engaged now looking at various venues to hold our wedding and one that we like most is Hardwick Hall in Sedgefield and wondering if there any other couples have married there and could they let me know any ideas on the place thank you Jo and Peter

We Stayed at Hardwick Hall on Sat where i became engaged what a wonderful magical night it was....and can imagine our wedding there being nice but new to this site so looking for any advice.....

• donna24577donna24577 Posts: 2,906
    HI and congrats to you and your h2b!! you must be so excited!!

did you know he was gonna propose? i was it all romantic and lovely? when are you looking to get married?
  • Bride28Bride28 Posts: 255
    Congratulations!!!

And welcome to the forum - it's very addictive here ;\)

~ Nat xx
  • nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    Hello and congratulations

goodluck with the planning it will take over your life lol
  • Hi there - congrats!!!!! We looked at Hardwick hall as a possible venue but I have to be honest there were other venues int he area that offered a better more comprehensive service for a similar price so we DIDN'T go with them in the end. But if the place holds a special significance as the place you got engaged then I imagine it would be lovely to be married there too.

If you need any more details or advice just ask!!!! Good luck with all the planning!
  • Thanks to everyone hopefully going to visit the wedding planner at hardwick hall very soon but looking forward to a wedding fayre this weekend hopefully pick up some tips.....
  • it that the wedding fayre at sedgefield racecourse?? my inlaws are going to that for us!! they live in Newton Aycliffe. We are having our reception at Hall Garth but we live in Hampshire!!

where do you live Jo?

Congratulations

Sian x x x x
  • Congratulations to you both; have you set a date yet? V xx
  • hi am very recently engaged and am really scared!dont know where to start with the organising. any help or tips would be great. thanx
  • Hi all went to wedding fayre at sedgefield racecourse found some of the stalls pretty expensive but great for some tips and my little girl loved eating from the choclate fountain not set a date yet got a appointment with the wedding planner at hardwick hall on sat so hopefully can soon set a date decided im going to have my wedding dress made but looking foe a design at the moment does anyone know of any sites with wedding dresses or info i can send away from? thanks
  • Hi Bridezilla forgot to mention i live in Hartlepool x