Lipstick Recommendations??

Hi Girls

Can anyone suggest a good long lasting matt (ish) lipstick? In a nude / natural shade with a hint of pink.

I have been and looked several times but there are just so many so I thought Id ask if anyone can recommend one?

Thanks

Zoe

x

152 days to go and loving every minute of it !!!!!!!!!!!

• tlsmithuktlsmithuk Posts: 11
    Hi, how about Clinique 'creamy nude'. It's got a hint of pink and does last especially if you layer it and use lip liner.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I never ever wear lipstick, only gloss sometimes. i do wear eye make up though. should i wear a coloured lipstick on the day to show in photos or do you think it wont matter?
  • debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    Hi...

Just a tip if you are having black and white photos, be careful with nude colour lipsticks as you lips tend to dissappear in the pictures. May be do some test shots first in Black and white.

Debs image
  • ruthdillonruthdillon Posts: 150
    ooh i got a good tip too when i had my consulation, that you have to consider what your bridesmaids are wearing. mine are in red and therefore to avoid looking washed out next to them esp in photos i have to ditch the nude and wear a red based lipstick. sounded scarey, but its not pillarbox, its really subtle, a bit like i have been chewing my lips for half an hour. thats from Shu umura.
  • Bobbi Brown has some gorgous matt lipsticks - if you or anyone is flying BA in the next little while, you can get a fantastic palette which gives you loads of choice and is jus 20 quid
  • bilton001bilton001 Posts: 288
    Thanks for all your replies, a good few there to be looking at over the bank hol weekend.

Tar

• helenwileshelenwiles Posts: 215
    hi laura kate

i only ever wear gloss and not lipstick. however make up lady recommended that i wear lipstick so as not not look too washed out. think im going to wear an estee lauder one pure colour lips in crystal ecru as it looks quite glossy (yipee) rather than a lipstick but gives more colour to my lips (i might also add a bit of gloss for good luck)

hope this helps xx
  • Oh thanks Helen, what kind of colour is the lipstick she recommended, browy, pinky or red? i have brown eyes and blonde hair so not sure what colour to wear?
  • kelukkeluk Posts: 1,467
    i read somewere in one of my many bridal mags that you should choose a colour similiar to your own lip colour but stronger that what i am basing my make up on,natural but strong.
  • Oh brilliant thanks, sounds right to me!
  • helenwileshelenwiles Posts: 215
    hi laurakate

i too have blonde hairr but blue-green eyes. the lipstick is a creamy pinky color but not too pink if you know what i mean. it might be worth going to a make up counter and trying loads of different ones. if like me your quite fussy about lipstick (due to being a fan of gloss) it may help you decide and they are also quite good at matching colours to suit skin tone etc

let me know how you get on xx