eyebrow threading

has anybody ever had their eyebrows threaded?

i was just wondering what the advantages of this were over normal plucking with tweezers?

thanks!

: )

• LampiekatLampiekat Posts: 3,527
    I was wondering the same, i'd seen it on a tv program but thats about it so like you loulou08 it would be nice to know
  • HIya I've had it done and much prefer it to having my eyebrows waxed.

There's no pain and you get a much smoother finish than if I just tweeze my own!
  • HI , i have had it done every couple of weeks for the last year now, you do get a much more defined line than you can get with waxing, i do think it hurst just as much as waxing but then again my brows are like wire ! I have also been told that its better for your skin than waxing as its not being 'pulled' by the wax so its less aging long term .....although im not sure that that part is proven !
  • hi, ive had it done several times is fab sharper shape plus it removes all the fine, lighter colour hairs that you cant always get when tweezering
  • i love it. you get a much better shape and after going to Kamini i can vouch that it doesn't hurt a bit., I've had it done in other places but she really doesn't - and eyebrows don't grow back as big after going to her. really recommend her.

http://www.kaminibeauty.com/
  • shafsshafs Posts: 195
    Hi

I have also had my eyebrows threaded at Kamini and I'm afraid I have to disagree with Nadia_e (sorry!)

I thought she was totally overpriced and she actually ignored what I said about keeping the shape of my eyebrows and just tidying up the strays (I usually have my eyebrows threaded and am familiar iwth it). I came out having one noticeably thinner than the other and my 'arch' had tirned into more of a 'coco the clown' effec t.

Sorry nadia_e , but I am gklad that you had a good experience there.

I have my eyebrows threaded at a great place, it's nice, clean and plush and it costs me £7.

xx
  • KirstyTKirstyT Posts: 314
    I get my eyebrows threaded and would def recommend it. It gives them such a nice shape and gets rid of all the little fine hairs. I went four years ago just to get a nice shape and then was going to pluck them but I loved it so much that four years later I still get them threaded.

Kirsty x
  • LampiekatLampiekat Posts: 3,527
    Anyone know any places in Somerset/Devon that does this. Just can't seem to find any anywhere
  • fish92fish92 Posts: 1,337
    i have had mine done a few times, but in turkey and it was amazing, but cannot find anyone here that does it.
  • angel09angel09 Posts: 1,269
    I always get mine done!! I have mine done at the brow bar, they are in big shopping centres/shops ie house of fraiser. They are fab you get a much better shape and they don't seem to grow all wild again!?

Mine do hurt but Naturally have a massive mono brow.....not any more!! Sleek little slithers with lovely arches thanks to threading!!!

Go for it!!! x
  • thanks for the recommendation of the brow bar, im going to book myself in!

• sdasilvauksdasilvauk Posts: 3,050
    I get mine done at Selfridges at the Blink Brow bar...pretty painful but nice shape and the regrowth is slow and fine.
  • I couldn't get it done in a department store - it makes my eyes stream uncontrollably! I go to an indian salon in Leeds, and make sure I'm going straight home afterwards!! By far the best way to do eyebrows in my opinion though, despite the tears...
  • I couldn't get it done in a department store - it makes my eyes stream uncontrollably! I go to an indian salon in Leeds, and make sure I'm going straight home afterwards!! By far the best way to do eyebrows in my opinion though, despite the tears...