advise

Firstly are hair/make artist dear??????

I dont really wear make-up n when I do I feel I have to much on and hubby says have u actually got any on lol, I cant seem to apply foundation, I am quite pale so can never get the right foundation so gave up yrs ago, so dont know what to do.

My hair is naturally curly and quite thick n pretty long so I rarely put it up as it hurts.

I am not brillant with ethier so really dont know what to do or where to start.

Any advise would greatly help me.

thanks x

• I'm no makeup or hair expert at all, but I would suggest trying a tinted moisturiser instead of a full on foundation and just apply to the places that need it first then blend out to the other bits of your face (I usually do under my eyes, round my nose and my chin). If your face is prone to shining I'd lightly dust an iridescent powder over your forehead, nose and chin. Then a light smattering of blush on the apples of your cheeks, I use a rose shade, but apricot colours are good too. Next I normally put a cream eyeshadow all over my eyelid up to my eyebrow, then I line from the outer corner of my eyelid into the center with a brown or black eyeliner, I do this as close to my eyelashes as poss, then I use a brown eyeshadow with a thin brush and go over the eyeliner to smudge it in a bit and I find it stays in place a little better too. I then curl my eyelashes with a heated eyelash curler and apply black mascara to just my upper eyelashes. Finally i've started recently to use a really natural looking pinky lip liner which I lightly line my lips with then work in to the rest of my lips, and put a bit of gloss over the top. If I want to go a bit more glam I just apply the eyeliner with a bit more gusto, extending the line a little further out at the corners and blend the brown eyeshadow up to the bit of your eyelid that sinks inwards. Blending is def the key with makeup me thinks. Also if you find your face looking slightly darker than the rest of your upper body get some bronzer and dust it lightly down your neck and across your shoulders and collar bones.

As for hair ideas I think thin headbands look gorgeous peeking out of curly thick hair or you could try a lose half ponytail.

Good luck with it all, maybe you should post some pics up if you have an experiment. Cimage
  • Hi,

I'm the same, I don't wear a lot of make up either day to day, I don't seem to very good at applying it and I'm completely baffled by all of the products available in the shops so don't know where to start!

Make up artists are dear, but I have decided to fork out for one to make sure I get a great look for the day. This was really important to me as it's my wedding day and I want to look a bit different and more glamorous, and also because I want to feel pampered as I never have this done normally! I have a lady coming to the hotel room to do my hair and make up so it should be a bit more relaxing (I will be really nervous!).

As for your hair, I would suggest not doing anything too radical as you still want to look like you and be comfortable. Perhaps just get a deep conditioning treatment at the hairdressers a few days before the wedding to make it sure it is lovely and shiny and then accessorise with some sparkly clips/combs? It depends on the look you're going for, there are some lovelt vintage inspired combs that you could just clip a little bit of your hair away from your face with, or perhaps even just have a flower tucked into it?

Good luck, and great advice on applying slap roobarb, I am going to pinch those for when I next go out!!
  • Hi,

If you are loooking at possibly getting a hair and make-up artist then I would research it well first, especially if you are worried about looking over-done. Have a look on their web site at their work and see if their style is what you are looking for as every stylist has their own style. Ofetn many sites will also have comments from past brides which could help. If you do go for a trial then go prepared with as many visual images as you can find to show the stylist as this will help a great deal on their part. Also be honest and tell them your fears and what type of look you would like to acheive by the end of the trial. Also make sure that who ever you bookis prepared to try several looks not jsut give you one and that be it, some do this and will then charge additional for repeat trials.

Hope this helps,

Amanda

• well ladies you have all made me feel a lot better already with your advise.

I am going to try a few things soon and yes will post pics then ppl will be honest wont they. Foundation tip was GREAT roobarb got to try this well all of it now lol

thank so much ladies x
  • If you want a bit of professional advice MAC do a make up lesson with a make up artist for £25 which you can redeem against any products you buy on the day.

It really helped me and it might be nice if you are buying a few treats anyway to spoil yourself with a lesson too.