FAO WEB ED

Hi Web Ed,

I hope this doesn't come across as cheeky but i'm sure any make-up artists have got the message now about advertising so could all the topics at the top of hair & make-up be taken off?

If you need to leave one there that is understandable but the five or so topics seems a bit excessive and ruins the forum.

I'm sure all the other 'non make-up artist' forum members agree

Thanks in advance! image

Beas

x

• i agree the stickys are a pain in the behind, not just here but on all the forums
  • they wont listen but this may bump it for tomorrow
  • beasukbeasuk Posts: 932
    Ta hun x
  • biliboibiliboi Posts: 1,377
    up
  • shafsshafs Posts: 195
    Hi

Whilst I agree that there are maybe one or two too many stickys, I still feel that there are STILL all the usual suspects 'cross advertising' and recommending eachother. Maybe leaving one or two stickys will remind them before they attempt to do it again. I am maybe in the minority but I find all the recommendations from one of another and keeping their usernames (which are clearly how they will get googled) quite irritating as on all other forums this is far less 'obvious'. In my opinion if they have to recommend themselves and others on a forum they can't be that busy and that would make me question the quality of their work.

Rant over. Sorry gals, it's just my opinion.

Anyhow, me posting this is bumping the topic up anyway!

x

• beasukbeasuk Posts: 932
    I actually said in my first post - ''If you need to leave one there that is understandable but the five or so topics seems a bit excessive and ruins the forum''

I agree we need one even on each forum but the amount of duplicated sticky's or whatever they are called is ridiculous.

The fact that they haven't been moved just makes me think that the Web Ed doesn't in fact know how to move them! Why else would there be so many duplicates...

Which really makes the job title Web Editor quite ironic!
  • shafsshafs Posts: 195
    beas

I am then in total agreement wth you!

• clarryclarry Posts: 3,311
    Totally agree!