Can anyone recommend a good primer?

Hi Girlies

I am an absolute make-up whore lol and love my products but I've never used a primer. Can anyone recommend a good one and tell me why?

Thanks in anticipation

xx

• benefits dr feelgood is good

http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/gp/product/B000JJLF1U/ref=sr_11_1/202-6511094-4107025?ie=UTF8&bcBrand=core&nodeID=APS

its a balm that you apply to your skin before foundation. it feels lovely and makes your make up go on nice and smooth.

the best one ive ever tried (ive tried a few, i have oily skin and my makeup slides off by lunchtime if i dont use anything) is the MAC prep and prime.

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/products/mp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT4757

the added benefit of the top one is that it has SPF 50 in it, keeps those wrinkles at bay! : )

if i use this under my makeup then i can go out in the evening and not have to reapply my foundation, it looks as good as it did in the morning.

if you want a primer for your eye makeup this one is fab, fab, fab

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?ngextredir=1&CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4898&PRODUCT_ID=PROD562

as you can tell, im a bit of a make-up whore too : )

x

• LadyFLadyF Posts: 238
    Lou Lou you're a total star, loving your product knowledge and thanks for the links too! Will be off to spend a plenty anonimage xx
    Does primer go on over moisturiser or is it an alternative? Confused image
  • KirstyTKirstyT Posts: 314
    Moisturiser then primer then foundation.

Kirsty x
  • i cleanse, tone and moisturise as normal, wait until the moisturiser has sunk in and your skin is no longer damp.

then apply the primer. it helps any makeup you apply 'stick' to your skin better. i think it acts as a barrier between the product you apply and the oil on your skin. (i could be wrong about this, but this is how it seems to work on my skin anyway).

• Quoted:
    Hi Girlies

I am an absolute make-up whore lol and love my products but I've never used a primer. Can anyone recommend a good one and tell me why?

Thanks in anticipation

xx

Hi,

What is your skin type as there are primers that work better on more oily skins and some that are better for dehydrated skins.

• shafsshafs Posts: 195
    Try Laura Mercier. There are a few types from oily to hydrating.

• There are a few good primers out there:

Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer - normal skins

Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer - dry/very mature skins

YSL Matt Touch - great for oil control for oily skins
    Hi Amandasa

i have an oily t-zone and the rest is normal so I'd say combination really. Thanks for extra tip Lou Lou. Thanks all for the recommendations, i shall be off to the counters to get some samples methinks xx
  • Models prefer range is very good and there primers are fab
  • HulkkoHulkko Posts: 1,269
    Urban decay do a great primer and lash primer can't remember there names though!
  • question for loulou- Hi, you seem to have good product knowledge, can you recommend a foundation to use after the primer? I tend to find my make up slides off after lunch time and especially if i go outdoors then back into the warmth. i look as if iv'e put a load of foundation on, in particular my t-zone and not blended it in and if i touch it it just comes straight off!

Gem xx

Quoted:
    question for loulou- Hi, you seem to have good product knowledge, can you recommend a foundation to use after the primer? I tend to find my make up slides off after lunch time and especially if i go outdoors then back into the warmth. i look as if iv'e put a load of foundation on, in particular my t-zone and not blended it in and if i touch it it just comes straight off!

Gem xx

sorry I know you asked someone else but have you tried blotting papers at all?!
  • Only me Hulkko, yeah i have tried blotting papers and they don't help. Think i just need to change my cosmetic wardrobe completely! x
    Could be that your putting too much on to cover scars?
  • maybe but don't think so as its a lightweight foundation and i apply with a foundation brush. Not sure what i'm doing wrong really!
  • banwabanwa Posts: 1,297
    After much research I bought smash box which is brill but my sister bought the Lancome one the day before my wedding and it was so good I used it on the day.
  • the foundation im using at the moment is maybelline's superstay, the product comes in two halves, the colour and the 'superstay', you pump a little out onto the back of your hand, mix the two together and then apply.

using the primer and then this foundation, my make-up stays puts all day. which is a bit of an achievement with my oily skin!

x

http://www.maybelline.co.uk/PRODUCTS/Face/FOUNDATION/Superstay_Silky.aspx