everlasting gel nails

I had this done 3 weeks ago at nails inc, very pleased with the results, but it was £50! I want to get it done again the day before my wedding, but it's a bit too much money, especially as I want to have my toe nails done too. I can't really justify spending nearly £100 for nails. Is there a cheaper version? Or can I just get my nails filled in? They are natural not fake.

Thanks for any tips xx

• HulkkoHulkko Posts: 1,269
    I get gel toe nails and fingernails! I fill them in every 3 weeks which is for 2 times and on the 9th week I have them all changed again! Just a quick thing I forgot to add I change my toe nails every 4 weeks I dont fill them in!

[Modified by: Hulkko on September 26, 2008 04:29 PM]

• how much does it cost to have them filled in?
    Depends where you go... usually around 20 or 25! My toe nails are much cheaper than my nails! I pay the following:

Gel tips: 64

Infils: 26

And my toenails cost: 23 but if I want them with french it costs me 27!

But to be honest most place fill in nails for around 20 to 25 no more!

I live in Germany now thats why it costs me 64 but in England I used to pay 35 for Gel nails. It's not common here to have nails done etc thats why it costs me so much. However The cost of infils is infact no different to england! If your lucky sometimes people do infils for 16 to 18 pounds but I'm not sure if thats for acrylic. Have you ever thought of having acrylic done?

[Modified by: Hulkko on September 26, 2008 04:43 PM]

• Which is better gel or acrylic?
  • I used to have mine filled in every 2 weeks - that's my nails not my toe nails as they can last up to 6 weeks without being filled. Also, if you're not having tips and just the gel on your toes, they won't cost as much as your tips did on your fingernails. Just to warn you though, when the tips and gel is soaked off, your nails will be rubbish underneath, really fine, thin and brittle. They do look lovely when done but you have to keep it up or be prepaed to have really short nails for a while after while they get stronger. I will be having them done again for my wedding though x
    Quoted:
    Which is better gel or acrylic?

Gel is more natural looking! This is why I go for gel! However acrylic is cheaper!

It depends what your looking for really but if you want a truly natural looking nail then go for gel! As lisamarie0212 said you end out with thin undernourished nails when they are removed. This is the same for both types of nail the only real difference is the cost of them and the finishing look.

[Modified by: Hulkko on September 26, 2008 05:43 PM]

Quoted:
    I used to have mine filled in every 2 weeks - that's my nails not my toe nails as they can last up to 6 weeks without being filled. Also, if you're not having tips and just the gel on your toes, they won't cost as much as your tips did on your fingernails. Just to warn you though, when the tips and gel is soaked off, your nails will be rubbish underneath, really fine, thin and brittle. They do look lovely when done but you have to keep it up or be prepaed to have really short nails for a while after while they get stronger. I will be having them done again for my wedding though x

a tip for anyone who ends out with the problem of soft nails is to buy sally hanson nail hardner image It really works try applying it under your nail polish as an undercoat!
  • shafsshafs Posts: 195
    I have awful nails.Like paper. So I recently tried acrylic (over my own nails) and I love it. It cost me £25 for the first vsit and when I get 'infills' it costs £15 with an 'airbrush' french tip.

I am keen to try them on my toes for honeymoon but I have one 'dodgy' toe from dropping something on it years ago. The nail now grows thick (sorry to be gross).

Does anyone know if you can get these done with a nail infection?

I should think so and they possibly may be able to tell you (if there knowledge is goodenough) How to treat this! Best people to ask is them, themselves!
  • LadyFLadyF Posts: 238
    Is it actually an infection Omomo or is it just a scarred nail bed? I thought I had an infection for ages and it turned out that I had just damaged the nail bed permanently and so it always grows the same. Pure tea-tree oil is good for infections if that's what it is xx

[Modified by: LadyF on September 28, 2008 01:02 AM]

• hi Laura,

I've been having my nails done with everlasting gel for a couple of years now. The gel is called Bio Sculpture, you may be able to find a beaution's (sorry about the spelling) who are cheaper. Or Nail's inc do a scheme where you pay for 3 treatments up front and get the 4th free.

I love it 'cause it doesn't chip and it doesn't damage your nails. The only draw back (apart from the price) is you need to use acetone to take it off.

I don't think you can have them infilled but if you've have a french polish you can just leave it to grow out. I have mine done in red and just paint over them with normal polish if the gap gets too obviuse before I can get them re-done.

Hope this helps.
  • I really like them as they have lasted nearly 4 weeks & my nails have grown loads since. Not sure if it's worth me spending all that money again. Have spent a fortune on other stuff.... With only 4 days to go until the big day, still not sure what to do??
  • personally i have acrylic nails, i only have the pinks and without the white tips, this makes them look more natural, not a single person i have shown them too have thought they were fake untill i told them.

i have never tried gel nails but i personally am happy with these.

they cost me £25 a full set then £15 every 3 weeks for infills.

im having mine done the night before the wedding to make sure they are in tip top condition.
  • Quoted:
    I really like them as they have lasted nearly 4 weeks & my nails have grown loads since. Not sure if it's worth me spending all that money again. Have spent a fortune on other stuff.... With only 4 days to go until the big day, still not sure what to do??

Personally I'd have them done. Everyone will want to see the ring so will keep looking at your hands.

You could always have an ordinary manicure instead which will be cheaper but you'll need to be careful not to chip it before the big day.

Word of warning I think Nails Inc charge £10 to take the everlasting off (on top of the £50). They're free if you use they're 4 for the price of 3 thing which I do so I'm not 100% sure. I'd check with them.

If they do you can take if off quite easily yourself with some acitonne based nail varnish remover. You need to put it in a bowl (not a plastic one) and soak you nails in it for about 20 mins then you should be able to scrape the gel off.

Good luck for the big day.
  • Thanks! I think I'll go back to Nails inc, suppose I'll only get married once & have to look my best.
    Exactly image You only get married onceimage