Doing my own makeup...is this the right order??

Hi Ladies,

I am doing my own makeup for my wedding in 4 weeks (aaargh!), and I have written a sort of step by step account of what I need to do on the day (otherwise I will forget to do something!). I just wanted to check that I am applying everything in the right order, as I have read different things online, and I know nothing about makeup! Also, is there anything I have missed?? I have pasted in my 'schedule' below, and would really appreciate any feedback!!

Wash, Tone & Moisterize

Face primer

Foundation

Concealer

Shape eyebrows

Eye primer

Eye base colour

Eye liner (using eye shadow and brush)

Eye contour ( concentrate in a side on 'V' shape at the corner of eye)

Eye lid colour

Curl eyelashes

Mascara

Lip colour

Blush/Bronzer

Highlighter (cheekbones and eyebrows)

Translucent powder

Thanks!!

Maria xxx

• jacquelienejacqueliene Posts: 6,350
    you would do it in this order normally

Wash, Tone & Moisterize

Face primer

Foundation

Concealer

Eye primer

Translucent powder

Blush/Bronzer

Shape eyebrows

Eye base colour

Eye lid colour

Eye contour ( concentrate in a side on 'V' shape

at the corner of eye)

Eye liner (using eye shadow and brush)

Curl eyelashes

Mascara

Lip colour

Highlighter (cheekbones and eyebrows)

• PickleLily82PickleLily82 Posts: 1,913
    I agree with mrs scho 2b, i would put the powder on after concealer and eye primer x
  • brideygirlbrideygirl Posts: 172
    I'm doing my own makeup too and I've booked a special wedding makeup session at MAC to get me 'trained' for the day! It cost £25 to book but that will be redeemed against anything I buy (and I feel I might buy loads!)

I'm also taking a friend who's good at taking photos, so she can take a picture at each stage and I can practise before the big day!
  • A tip the make up artist doing my make up gave me was to do your eyes first, That way if you have any eyeshadow that falls onto your cheeks, you wont ruin your base. Just remember to put an eyeshadow primer on so it lasts all day x x