Rosacea Products

Just thought I'd let other rosacea sufferers know about a really good calming moisteriser I have found. It's called Aveeno and is actually a body cream, my make-up lady recommend it and it seems to be really good, especially for very dry skin. Can be bought in Boots, it's the beige and green one which has oatmeal in it.

Anybody else got any recommendations?

• cfarnworthcfarnworth Posts: 226
    Hi

I get rosacea thats quite patchy on my nose, and for me i use decleor floral cream during the day under my make-up, and metrogel thats prescribed from the doc at night, i have used all sorts but metrogel is really the best i have tried for clearing up the patchiness x
  • cfarnworthcfarnworth Posts: 226
    Hi

I get rosacea thats quite patchy on my nose, and for me i use decleor floral cream during the day under my make-up, and metrogel thats prescribed from the doc at night, i have used all sorts but metrogel is really the best i have tried for clearing up the patchiness x
  • HIya ... I am so glad you posted this!!

I have been suffering with Rosacea for about 4/5 years but has got really bad in the last year or 2 ... i have tried so many different creams, vitamins, lotions and potions with no dramatic difference so I am willing to give anything a go!! image

I am currently on Oxytetrcycline bcos I wanted to try and get it under control for the wedding ... i took it previously and was getting less effective so came off where its an antibiotic and wasnt happy taking it anyway ... so started taking it again for the wedding but sadly its having little effect image

There was something on this morning the other day recommend ing a product called Kalme but it was £50 for the whole regime - and I have spent so much I dont think I could really justify that just yet - seeing as the size of the products were quite small!!

I keep asking my doctor if there is a cream to use instead of taking antibiotics - but she said there isn't ... I think I might ask to be referred to a dermatologist to try and get it under control!

Look forward to any other ideas to treat it!! I actually went into Holland and Barratt at the weekend and asked for some advice ... and the lady looked at her herbal book thing .. and said I should avoid raw fruit and veg!!! How crazy is that!! lol .x.x.
  • I'm also on antibiotics, erythramycin I think, and so far so good. They are not getting rid of all the redness but after a few weeks they certainly stopped the red bumps.

My sister saw that thing on tv about Kalme products, but I'm also reluctant to shell out more money on big promise products. Would be nice to hear opinions of anyone who has tried it though.

I saw a determatologist a few years ago, and they basically said beyond antibiotics and a few creams that tend to irritate, there's nothing they can do.

I have been told that intense pulsed light treatments (laser) are brilliant, but VERY expensive!
  • ooh ... maybe I shouldn't bother with a dermatologist then ... I just thought my Dr was being awkward lol bcos I kept asking for a prescription cream but she said there were none image

I bought the Aveeno cream today so *fingers crossed* it works okay image ... but there were two different ones ... cream and daily lotion ... I got the small tube of cream in a box ... what one do you have? .x.x.

• I've had rosacea most of my life and I have found that idealist serum by estee lauder is really calming down the redness. It is expensive but have found it to be really worth it and a bottle lasts a while.

Also, it is worth looking at your diet as everyone with rosacea reacts to different things. I have found dairy makes my skin worse but the heat and the sun are my worst enemies.

Also, if you are wishing to cover redness estee lauder maximum cover foundation is lightweight but covers everything and you only need a tiny amount. Lots of times i have used my normal double wear foundation and just added a tiny amount of the maximum cover over my rosy nose.xx
  • I've tried a lot of things for my Rosacea, but I've had my best luck so far with Dermalmd Rosacea Serum, and it doesn't need to be refrigerated. I clean my face every night before bed, apply a thin layer to my face, and the next morning, all I do is add some eye makeup. I don't use base makeup any more. I use a cover up if needed for the ocassional break out, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. The product always ships fast and I don't want to run out.

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

I've just realised I've got Aveeno body cream upstairs so I'm going to try that... Thanks.

I've been using

Which you can get from boots

I also tried this

Which was recommended in a bridal magazine not so long ago - although very very wet (you do not need much on)