Skin problems

Hi guys,

I've got 25 more sleeps until I get married. I'm getting more and more stressed out worrying if it will be ok...but with worry and stress comes big,red, patches of eczema that can't be covered up by my dress - they're even on my face!!!!

I'm beginning to look reptilian, I'm using hydrocortisone, and some moisturising paraffin wax-based stuff the Dr prescribed for me, but it's getting worse the close it gets to the wedding. I'm allergic to a lot of stuff like E45, Savlon, Sudacrem.

I feel really alone and look like I'm covered in love bites, but It's just eczema - I'm gonna look like a classy bride =/

Does anyone out there in YAYW land relate? If so do you use a wonder product/tips to keep the eczema at bay?

Please help.....at wit's end

• nowvickyjnowvickyj Posts: 312
    Have you tried any calming products if it is stress that makes it worse? Think Bach's Rescue remedy is meant to be good.

Ask your doctor or pop into a health shop? Hope all goes ok. xx
  • lgo11lgo11 Posts: 62
    Hey Wellywag... I know the feeling I get married in 22 days and have psoarsoris whihc gets really inflamed with stress, the only thing that reduces the redness/scallyness of mine is sunbeds and then loads of moisturiser. Sometimes antihistimines like piriton help take the itch out of it which prevents me scratching and making it worse!
  • WellyWagWellyWag Posts: 59
    Hi, thanks for the replies

I am using a steroid cream on it at the moment 1% Hydrocortisone. It's not great as it thins the skin.

I might try a sunbed session as Vegas 999 suggested....oh and a trip to Docs might work. When my mate got married she was put on Beta Blockers for the stress!!!
  • lgo11lgo11 Posts: 62
    another thing that i use when mine is really bad is sudocrem, you look like an idiot cos its mega white but it does work!
  • Try Eucerin (you can get it in boots - check out the website). I've found by trial and error that this product really helps me. It contains Urea which dry skin lacks. I have really sensitive skin and find that hydrocortisone cream gets rid of the dryness but leaves an ugly red patch behind, which the Eucerin doesn't. Also try washing your face with Emulsifying Ointment (paraffin stuff) instead of cleanser. It gets rid of makeup and dirt but also moisturises and doesn't irritate the eczema.

If worse comes to worse, if you manage to get rid of the dryness and not the redness ask you make up artist to use a green base primer and this will even your face.

Have a wonderful wedding and try to relax! x
  • AVEENO cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear by it. It has cleared up all my dry skin and when I do get a flare up (usually caused by the sun) it always calms it right down. Its all natural products, and is now availble to buy in chemists and supermarkets like Tescos without perscription - just at the mosituriser section. It has been a life saver for me - would really recommend.

(PS - I don't work for this brand, I just swear by it and think it works miracles!) image
  • EssiedeeEssiedee Posts: 163
    Hi,

I used to get eczema around my eyes as a teenager, but grew out of it. Having had a very hectic/pressurised few weeks it has reappeared around my eyes, which is making me worried as I get married at the beginning of October and I really want to be able to wear some make-up and not have red, inflamed eyes that make me look exhausted/as though I've been crying.

Having done some research online I today received the 'Dry Eye Gel' from Skinshop.co.uk that I ordered on Monday evening. They have remedies for sensitive and eczema/psoriasis-prone skin. I'm giving it a go and put some on earlier and my eyes do already feel soothed and not as itchy.

As far as I'm concerned, anything which means I don't constantly have to apply hydrocortisone around my eyes is a bonus. I'll update as to whether it's effective longer-term, but you may find it worth investigating.

I also agree with others who've suggested relaxing and/or Bach's etc. I know that taking it a bit easier will probably have an effect on my eczema, although it's much easier said than done!!

I hope this helps a bit!

Essiedee.image
  • i have psoriasis too and am thinking of having a sunbed session to ease the inflamation. im get married next saturday but am worried that its too late! I also have it around my eye and in the corner- my magic potion is a diluted solution of johnsons baby shampoo. just a few drops in 1/4 cup of warm water and soak cotton wool. i just dab it in the corner of my eye- it doesnt sting and after 3 days its totally clear. It doesnt work anywhere elese though for some reason.
  • i have psoriasis too and am thinking of having a sunbed session to ease the inflamation. im get married next saturday but am worried that its too late! I also have it around my eye and in the corner- my magic potion is a diluted solution of johnsons baby shampoo. just a few drops in 1/4 cup of warm water and soak cotton wool. i just dab it in the corner of my eye- it doesnt sting and after 3 days its totally clear. It doesnt work anywhere elese though for some reason.