Hair Extensions

Hi ladies, Anyone having extensions or have extensions already? Are you using a different stylist to the person who usually does your hair ext?

Uncertain whether usual hairdresser that does bridal styles would also be happy to do style with those with extensions? Hope this makes sense!

HELP!

• Well, it depends on what kind of hair extensions you are using. Mine are that way that I????ll have to have them done about 3 weeks before the wedding so they can grow a bit out. That way the hair is more flexible and easier to work with if that makes sense. However, if you decide on hair extensions you can????t have any style you want. I can????t have all of my hair up as it will be too heavy and it would probably fall out during the day. The only style I can have is half-up. But again, that probably depends on the extensions too. I am using the same stylist for my hair extensions and then my wedding day. She works a lot with hair extensions so she knows what styles works best.

Good luck image
  • i have a different salon do my extensions than the girl who did my hair for my wedding. You wont be able to have a full up do as it will be really heavy, i wanted mine all down which is why i had the extension put in the first place.
  • Hi,

It would be best if you asked your stylist if they are happy to do it first, if they seem confident then I am sure they will do a great job. My friend got these cool clip-in hair extensions for her day and so did the bridesmaids. These are easy to put in and will instantly make your hair look much fuller. I am not sure if they work as well though if your hair will be up, but if down I would definitely recommend them. I am wearing mine down and I got my hair extensions from the site my friend recommended, http://www.undercover-glamour.com

Good luck, Sarah
  • C2beC2be Posts: 92
    hi

im a bit confused about extensions, my hair is currently just past my shoulders and im hoping to have it in a messy side bun for the wedding. someone said about get half a heads worth glued in and someone else said about getting a heads worth weaved in?? I really dont know what to do? I just need a little bit more length and maybe a little bit of fullness?
  • Hi

I put my pics on here earlier for another thread!- ill put them on here for a short while.

Ive had a full head of extensions glued in - my hair is really fine and just past shoulder length. As far as i can tell it is down to personal preference how they are put in - i think the weaved in ones would possibly be a bit bulkier - although im not speaking from experience!

My pics are of a messy side bun and a curly side pony - both with glued in hair extensions....

• [Modified by: can'tbloodywait! on December 30, 2009 06:11 PM]

oh yeah pics please - you didnt suffer with the binds showing or anything when you had your hair in a side bun then?
    ah both are gorgeous!

do you know what your going with? The bun style is exactly what im after for mine. My hair is quite thick so im hoping half a head may be enough. I think I would prefer to have them stuck in.
  • think im going for both - ha!

Im gonna do the down style for the day then pin into side bun for the evening - i love both styles!Didnt have a problem with the binds showing - think the hairdressers are so good they know how to cover them anyway - but there wasnt a hint with mine - now they are growing out a bit - i notice them now and then - but it is 5 weeks later and a few need the edges glued down again (going to see to them later!) and they are no prob to style and hide!

Also - the hairdresser pinned some extra once she had it in the side pony to make it longer and thicker - so even if you had a half head - the hairdresser could add extra by pinning it in for you?

did you have individual bits of hair glued in or did you have the strips of hair glued in? sorry so many questions!
  • ha - it's ok!

I had strips of hair - it took my hairdresser about 20mins!

I was really sceptical and convinced it would look awful and lumpy - but it didnt!Loads of people who havent seen me for a while have commented on how long my hair has got - and genuinly seem shocked when i say they are extensions!

x

excellent - these are the ones I wanted to get - racoon ones I think they were called, the lady said they were designed for up dos and wouldnt be seen but I wasnt sure. she said go for half head but the only thing with that is that it would look wierd when my hairs not up? ill go in and talk to them again and see what they say, Thanks for your help, Made me feel much better now! x
  • Glad i could be of assistance! x
  • ANONAPPANONAPP Posts: 181
    ANA CUTIE,

YOU HAVE RACOON? I HAVE RACCOON AS WELL, ONLY JUST HAD THEM A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND NOT SURE AT WHAT POINT I SHOULD HAVE MY NEW ONES IN BEFORE THE WEDDING. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THEM BEING MORE FLEXIBLE A WHILE AFTER.

WILL SPEAK TO MY HAIR STYLIST AND SEE WHAT SHE SAYS.

THANKS X
  • sherssf: My stylist wanted me to have them put in 3 weeks before my wedding but it probably also depends on how fast your hair grows. It????s a good idea to speak to your stylistimage