Hair Dilemma - Pulling my hair out (literally)

Hi Girls,

I have a bit of a problem... I've been trying to grow my hair for the last two years for our wedding. There is nothing I would love more than to have long curly locks on my big day!

However, I seem to have developed a problem which is stress related in that I will literally pull strands of my hair out or rip the ends of them off. This is quite a new thing for me and half the time I don't even realise I'm doing it!! I've tried everything from hypnotherapy to tying my hair back but nothing works.

It's resulted in one side of my hair being longer than the other and looks absolutely awful. No matter how much I have it trimmed, I just go back to ripping the ends off. Very frustrating and an awful awful habit.

So anyway, I'm having it cut again on Monday but I'm not sure if I should just keep with trying to grow it but risk it looking a little tatty on the wedding day or should I cut it back up to shoulder length? I'm kind of liking Cheryl Cole's new style so thinking it would be ok if it was that length for the wedding anyway.

Also, if anyone has any tips to break me out of this bad bad bad habit, I'd be sooo grateful. Wedding isn't until December so if I can find a solution to my problem, I might just have nice long hair on the day!!

Thanks girls! xxx