Fragrance for the BIG day???

Hey there!

Actually I am quite new on this forum, trying hard to catch up!

I am getting married in May- although sometimes I get quite anxious, I think I cope well with all this rush/excitement and flow of another thousands of emotions I get to feel any instant.

I need help about the fragrances. I seem not to like anything particular, although I love fragrances and my previous work was all on fragrances... yet nothing satisfies me, even the ones I liked before now seem like.... not appealing at all!

I like white flowers and a slight touch of spice ( to offset the overwhelming flowery notes). I refrain from too strong and sweet smells. The ones I used with the most ease were Noa, Jean Paul Gaultier Classic EDT and D&G Feminine (which was discontinued)

So....

Can anyone recommend me a fragrance for that big day?

Thanks for your responses and good luck to you all!

• MrsGadd2BMrsGadd2B Posts: 38
    I am wearing versace bright crystal, love it and last a while with out making me feel sick plus H2B bought it for me! Have a great day ximage
  • NowMrsMaggsNowMrsMaggs Posts: 1,823
    I know it's a celebrity fragrance, but my favourite perfume ever is Sarah Jessica Parker's Twilight. It's gorgeous, I wear it every day, and will wear it on my wedding day.
  • martinej1martinej1 Posts: 688
    I am either wearing Gucci by Gucci (the brown square bottle) but that is quite a sweet smell or Chanel Coco mamoiselle..(excuse spelling!!)
  • dani7919dani7919 Posts: 213
    Have you got a stockist of Jo Malone near where you live? Her range of perfumes is excellent and they also have a list of which one's you can layer together to create a different scent.

I've tried lots of them and am converted.
  • TOmorrow actually I am going to give JM another trial. I love the Vintage Gardenia, let's see with what I can combine it.

Thanks for your responses!

• I have vera wang Rock Princess!! I LOVE it x
  • EmzillarEmzillar Posts: 444
    I love coco mademoiselle but find it quite pricey so reframed from buying it!

I then came across Nina Ricxi - Ricci Ricci and love it! h2b bough it for me for the wedding and in return i bought him a Armarni - Attitude.

I like the idea of having a new scent for the day as it then comes with its own memories when ever you next catch the scent image xx
  • sixx77sixx77 Posts: 23
    Hi Loladidi

I'm wearing Agent Provocateur Maitresse - h2b said the night he met me the scent of it intoxicated him, so I'm sticking to that one image It's floral but musky if that makes any sense! Very very sexyimage

xx

• mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    i wore vera wang princess for my wedding
  • whoopsuk1whoopsuk1 Posts: 788
    I'm thinking of getting Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. I love it image

I normally wear Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited so it will be a totally different fragrance for my big day. After the wedding i am only going to wear it for special occasions so that it holds the memories of the wedding for as long as possible image

• jean paul gaultier classic is lovely. i'd go for that.
  • tishgtishg Posts: 106
    Mademoiselle Coco for me by Chanel
  • Viktor and Rolf - Flowerbomb is my fav!
  • jencapukjencapuk Posts: 37
    I'm having Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint body cream and Vanilla & Anise Perfume. They are fantastic in the store and very helpful, I think it's lovely because you can create your own scent and then you'll be 100% sure that nobody else will be wearing it on the day image

Good Luck xx
  • I have Chanel Allure, it is sooo yummy
  • Flowerbomb for me too, I adore it!
  • SarahSukSarahSuk Posts: 1,667
    Vera Wang Princess ~ flower princess though x
  • Cupcake4everUKCupcake4everUK Posts: 7,170
    Recently bougght Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess...which is perfect for Summer. Fruity and fresh...with coconut..

H2b loves it. It's THE one!

• I'm wearing Coco Chanel. Its my favourite and my something old. I don't think it would be what you are looking for though. My friend wears Marc Jacobs Daisy.

I googled it to see how its is described in perfume language and this is what it said...

It is young and light and fresh, feminine but not sexy, easy to wear, and massively pleasant. It starts with fruit (wild strawberry, red grapefruit), neither heavy nor overly sweet, tempered by a touch of greenery (violet leaves). The floral notes in the heart (gardenia, violet, jasmine) are well-blended and sheer, and while daisies themselves have no scent, Marc Jacobs Daisy does a pretty good job of evoking a sunny, breezy meadow of random flowers. The base (musk, vanilla and white woods) is pale and clean and middling warm, and only lightly vanillia

Hope this helps xx
  • I'm another Jo Malone fan. I wear a few of their fragrance (French Lime Blossom is fabulous!) and will be layering their Pomegranate Noir on my wedding day - shower gel, body lotion and fragrance - h2b loves it image
  • AnnaBrideAnnaBride Posts: 640
    I'm a Chanel girl...!
  • Thank you all for your recommendations.

I went to check the Jo Malone store and I think I know the first fragrance: Honeysuckle and Jasmin. For the second one, I will see. I will definitely check Coco Mademoiselle and Flowerbomb.

Have a nice weekend!
  • T-ladyukT-ladyuk Posts: 677
    vera wang princess for me
  • Chanel Allure - its what I wear pretty much everyday and everyone comments on how nice it is! x
  • Hi, I would have usually gone for Coco but I have found a gorgeous perfume and it stayed on me all day and night its Parisienne by YSL. xx
  • dummymummydummymummy Posts: 1,010
    ive treat myself to a giant set of vera wang princess! and i love it, so lush! cant wait to wear it xx am saving it for my big day lol
  • jenflyjenfly Posts: 120
    la prairie silver rain or jo malone for me x
  • mrsfoodie2bmrsfoodie2b Posts: 352
    I'm a chanel girl everyday but wearing Nicole Farhi on my wedding day. Wear something you've never worn before as each time you smell it after the wedding it will take you back to your wedding day.

Other lovely ones are Issey Miyaki, Sensei, the blue Clarins one I've forgotten the name of and Coco Mademoiselle.

MAKE SURE YOU TEST ON YOUR SKIN AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING.

That's incase you a) have a bad reaction to it on your skin.

and b) incase it is one of those perfumes that reacts with your natyral skin and smells like cat pee once is has settled.

I can't wear several perfumes cause of this!

• Does anyone know a fragrance similar to the original ghost ( what i wear all the time and love) I do not liek angel ( to strong for me) any ideas???
  • Wearing something I have never worn before makes perfect sense. Now I am checking the classical fragrances and still haven't finished with Jo Malone- so many fragrances to try!

Once I get to smell the Ghost, maybe I can come up with a similar one. Actually Sephora website has a section in fragrance part where they give you the names of the fragrances that are similar to the one you are looking for. This search engine usually works- usually. I have just checked from there but no results returned. So I need to smell it.