How much are you payin 4 make up?

I have had a price from a mobile makeup artist and she charges £80 for your makeup for the day is that expensive? i thought it would have been a bit cheaper image

• louzzuklouzzuk Posts: 489
    I am being charged £50 and included in the price is a trial and 3 mini facials. xx
  • Thats real good def guna av a look around then thanks image
  • I'm paying £100 for mines on the day and the bridemaids are £50. My trial was £30. I seen cheaper artists but I really liked the woman I'm using and loved the way she done my make-up. x
  • I was just about to ask the same question. I dont know how much it should cost - need someone in the Shropshire area and worried i will be ripped off.
  • TheNewMrsNTheNewMrsN Posts: 70
    I paid a bit more for my wedding but i would say that it depends upon where you are based as you tend to pay more in a larger city.

I found that sometimes you pay a bit more for someone with a little bit more experience or more products also - im not saying that this is always the case however.
  • zena555zena555 Posts: 102
    I'm paying £50 on the day and £40 for a trial x
  • I've got a MAC makeover trial booked at Debenhams next month which is £25 redeamable against products. I'm probably going to do my own make up on the day, but if they are fab I'm just going to nip into Debenhams again on the morning of the wedding and get it done for £25 plus more freebies!! (I live right in town and getting married 4pm on a Friday which helps)
  • I'm paying £105 for make-up and that includes a trial which I already had and loved! I know it is quite alot but I'm rubbish with make-up and she did it brilliantly.
  • hi, depends which area your in i suppose? im getting mine done by Kimberley at KoKo Beauty. her salon is based in wakefield but shes coming to me at Bolton Abbey and i know shes travelled to Hull etc, she said she is always happy top travel. Im paying £25 for my trial and £50 for my make up on the day, she uses all MAC makeup and i have to say after my trail i was so happy to find her, shes really really good. Im also paying a little extra for the travel as its way out of her radious, to come all the way out to me in Bolton Abbey shes only charging an extra £10, id had a quote from someone else for £90!!!!! take a look at her site anyway and give her a call if your stuck, www.koko-beauty.co.uk
  • hi, depends which area your in i suppose? im getting mine done by Kimberley at KoKo Beauty. her salon is based in wakefield but shes coming to me at Bolton Abbey and i know shes travelled to Hull etc, she said she is always happy top travel. Im paying £25 for my trial and £50 for my make up on the day, she uses all MAC makeup and i have to say after my trail i was so happy to find her, shes really really good. Im also paying a little extra for the travel as its way out of her radious, to come all the way out to me in Bolton Abbey shes only charging an extra £10, id had a quote from someone else for £90!!!!! take a look at her site anyway and give her a call if your stuck, www.koko-beauty.co.uk
  • I have found that it varies greatly just within my area. I have paid £45 for a trial, £25 on they day, but another salon place starts at £15 and prices according to what you want. I have got another trial lined up for someone where the trial is £25 and on the day it's £50. x
  • CurlyJoJoCurlyJoJo Posts: 114
    I am paying £110 for makeup trial and on the day.
  • MrsJLMrsJL Posts: 378
    I'm paying £50 which covers trial and on wedding day.
  • boxmadlouboxmadlou Posts: 80
    I am paying £120.00 for bride trial and on the day, mob on the day and 1 adult bridesmaid. x
  • Mrs Rogers where in Shropshire are you? My make-up artist covers parts of Shropshire. I love how she did my trial and she is reasonable too.
  • Professionals that I have found so far - the cheapest I've found is £65 per person (trial included) and a £50 charge to come to home (I'm not going anywhere on the morning of my wedding until I have to leave for the hotel!)

Cheaper than the OP's quote but still too much if you ask me - I only have 2 bridesmaids, my mum and me to do and it comes to £310!!!

Going to see if a friend who is a beautician will do it for me.....
  • jennameacherjennameacher Posts: 144
    My trial for hair and make-up was £60 then another £60 on the day!
  • MrsRadcliffe1MrsRadcliffe1 Posts: 3,524
    Mines free image My friend works for Clarins and is one of my bridesmaids so it's my wedding gift hehe image x
  • emmie33 who are you using? I'm based in Shrewsbury / Oswestry and wanted someone who could travel to my venue as well has my home for evening touchups etc. I have hear wonderful things about LaineyD but just dont know. I think I may have a trial and see with a few. Do you have to pay for trials even if you dont book them for the day?
  • saraheltonsarahelton Posts: 219
    Mine was £250, to come to our hotel, for me, 2BMs and my mum. I'm in Essex and used Blu:

http://www.blu-mua.co.uk/
  • mrsbober2bmrsbober2b Posts: 383
    to me that's expensive. I am paying £76 for me (£30) and 2 bridesmaid £23 each. we aren;t having a trial as i am getting married in Scotland but she is coming to my cottage the morning of the wedding.
  • Bump image
  • tinseltoestinseltoes Posts: 180
    Im paying £240 that is for 4 people and includes my trial.

Yes it is expensive, but ive got problematic skin at times and it would b my luck that it would do it on my wedding day. Hense i reckon its well worth spending a bit more than normal or those of u who are lucky to have good skin. She is a professional makeup artist who has done alot of work on magazine shoots inc bridal magazines, fashion shoots in london and tv. Prob why she is expensive.

It reassures me even though ive had to sped a bit more than i would have liked, at least i know i am in the best of hands
  • n_e_rosen_e_rose Posts: 1,562
    hey jess smith do you with kimberley would do make up for someone in grassington, near skipton, as there is a real lack of make up artists in north yorkshire, just really niked your review of her,

many thanks hun, xx
  • Verity12Verity12 Posts: 253
    I'm paying £190 for trial and on the day...me and BM (she has to travel an hour each way). Seems such a lot of money, but I'm rubbish myself...Devon
  • I think wedding make up is the hugest of huge rip offs ever image so absolutely ridiculous- everyone I emailed said the cheapest would be £60 for trial and upwards of £100 for the day...are you kidding?! What a joke! I'm not bad at doing it myself but I really think I could easily be a gibbering wreck on the day so will prefer to have someone do it for me- I'm lucky to have found a lovely lady to do it for £50 inc trial and the day, thank God! But still, £50- if you think about it is an awful lot of money for about 20mins work and a tiny amount of product image x
  • swazichickswazichick Posts: 54
    Im paying £30 for the trial and £30 on the day. bridesmaids are the same price but are not having trials!seems very reasonable to me
  • mrsdeantobe1986 ive just had my trial last week and thank goodness my make up lady didnt just spend 20 mins with a small amount of product. I paid £65 including my trial for me. She spend 2 hours with me at my trial and will spend another hour on my make up on my wedding day. I do think some can be a rip off but others are well worth the money as it is different to just putting your make up on a normal day.
  • MrsHR2BMrsHR2B Posts: 19

I have just booked Blu in chelmsford to do mine. Blu charges £40 for the trial and either £50 for the day or £100 if she comes to you. She spends about an hour on the make-up. It is a lot of money, but I'm not great at doing make-up and would rather know that I look ok and it's going to last!! I don't wear much make-up - bit of eye-liner, bit of eyeshadow and bit of powder (perhaps that's why I'm not good at it!). H2B said, after I'd booked Blu, you are going to look like you when you come down the aisle aren't you? H
  • I think my trial was about £30 and on the day is about £65 but I think she is worth every penny. My make up never stays on all day and I'm not very good at it. I just want to relax a bit on the day. I agree that its all a bit expensive but she will be spent 2 hours on the trial with me and it will take about an hour on the day.