Please Help!!! Hair and Make-up timings for a 2.30pm wedding!

Hi everyone,

I am hoping you could give me some advice! I am getting married in 2 weeks and the ceremony is at 2.30pm. Does anybody know what time I should ask the hairdresser and make-up artist to come and in what order?

Thank you for your help,

Bridecindy xxx

• mum2onemum2one Posts: 737
    It all depends how many people are being made up and having their hair done. The lady who is doing our hair and make up (myself, mum, bridesmaid and flowergirl) will be here at 08:30 and our wedding is at 2pm.
  • cindy11wcindy11w Posts: 53

Sorry, that would help!!! There is me and 2 bridesmaids to have hair and make-up done. The hairdresser and make-up artist are separate people.

xxx
  • mum2onemum2one Posts: 737
    You need to allow about an hour and a half for each bm and 2 hours for you (just incase you want to change anything). I would say to get the hairdresser to come at about 9am and the make up artist an hour or so later.
  • Hi there, I just got married last saturday at 2pm. My hairdresser came at 8:45am, there was me, 3 bridesmaids and a flower girl. Make up artist came at 11am. Still gave us all enough time to get into our dresses ect. Good Luck for your big day xx
  • Im getting married at 2.30 having make up done at 12.30 and hair just before image
  • picklepickpicklepick Posts: 1,141
    We're going for hair at 8.30 and the make up lady is coming at 11 to be finished no later than half 1 so i have time to get into my dress, have photos and relax before the ceremony!
  • cindy11wcindy11w Posts: 53
    Thanks for your replies everyone! I have now booked hair at 8.30-9am and make-up lady to come at 11 xxx
  • They should be able to tell you when they need to arrive. My hairdresser arrived at 8.45 to do me and 2bms for my 1.30 wedding and the make-up lady at 9.30 but it got a little stresed at the end so I would maybe look to start at about these times to make sure you have plenty of time x x
  • lh466lh466 Posts: 263
    I would check with your photographer what time they want you for photo's too, my wedding is at 2pm, the vicar wants me their at 1.50, it takes literally 5 mins to get there and the photographer wants me ready for photo's at 1pm at the latest. So, in otherwords, I want my hair and make up finished at 12.15 really.