How much are you paying for hair and makeup on the day?

I have been looking around and so far the prices are around £200 to £300. This is for them to come to me on the day. How much are you paying?

• MoodleDGMoodleDG Posts: 584
    Mine is £250 for the day and the trial was £100. not cheap!
  • kdougl12kdougl12 Posts: 38
    i paying £200 for hair and £350 for makeup. its a bit expensive but its worth it on the day! image
  • I think I'm paying £90 for the hair and makeup trial and then £200 for both on the day. It's not cheap, but then it's the only real time when I am likely to be able to justify getting it done professionally and I'm saving like anything to afford it image
  • Mine is £150 for both hair and make up

For the day x
  • MrsFaulkyMrsFaulky Posts: 6,671
    I will be doing my own make up but the hair is costing £150 and that's for my trial and me and 4 BM's on the day.
  • Well thats all making me feel better! Just booked for my hair and makeup today, costing £300 including trials. I'm going to pay for my bridesmaid's hair - is it acceptable to expect her to pay for makeup herself if she wants it?
  • By the way, 2July11Bride and MrsFaulkytobe, it looks like you got a bargain!
  • paulavikipaulaviki Posts: 527
    £0 for hair as 2 of my best friends are coming to do mine and my bridesmaids and I'm paying £60 for my make-up including the trial. Bargain! image
  • I'm having hair and makeup for me (with full trial), my 4 maids, my mum and my mother-in-law (no trials)... Came in at £540 for the 7 of us... Was surprised it was so expensive but it's 2 people and pretty much a full day's work so I guess it's not too bad..

xx
  • I'm paying £100 plus travel costs for make up for myself and 2 BMs and I think £80 for hair - will probably include some faffing with my mum's 'hatinator' too! It would have been £20 for me and £10 each for BMs to have it done in the salon, but I think it will be easier to have the lady (mum's hairdresser) come to the house.

I was going to try and save some money by doing my own makeup, but the lady in SpaceNK made me look so good I booked her on the spot! image

Re asking BMs to pay for make up, I think it's fair enough. At the moment I feel like treating mine, but might change my mind of cash gets a bit tight...
  • MrsPugh2MrsPugh2 Posts: 447
    £50 for make up (which is the air spray stuff) £35 for hair thats both on the day coming to me
  • PBubsPBubs Posts: 333
    My hair trial is £60, £50 on the day

Maids £40 trial each, £30 on the day

Mum's hair £20 on the day

My make up free for trial at Bobbi Brown counter and the make up artist is freelance £150 on the day for me and £60 for mum.

So all hair inc trial £270

All make up (although mum's paying to have hers done) £210
  • gemmacaidengemmacaiden Posts: 237
    For hair i paid 40 with a trial , 30 for bms they didn't get trial tho. My make up was 30 with a trial and same for bms x x
  • bubblegum_pbubblegum_p Posts: 275
    I paid £70 for my trial and am paying £200 for my hair and makeup on the day. Bridesmaids and my mum are priced depending on what they want done - I think they all want hair done which is £40, or hair and makeup together is £70. This seemed to be a pretty standard price range for all the makeup artists I looked at.
  • I'm paying £188 for hair, makeup and nails on the day with trials for hair and makeup included. Thats going to the salon.

Then makeup for bridesmaid and mum is £80 for trail and on the day, Hair for them is just price of a normal finish, so about £30 I think but not sure.
  • I'm paying £170 for hair ... this is for me, 2 adult maids and 2 child maids - on the day, trial and travel costs.

Paying £195 for makeup ... for myself and two adult maids - on the day, trial and travel. x
  • warberrywarberry Posts: 431
    £200, including hair and make-up on the day plus a trial for both. She's coming to me for the trial and on the wedding day itself. Can't wait for my trial! image
  • flower88ukflower88uk Posts: 1,350
    i'm paying £395 for hair and makeup including hair and makeup trial.
  • themis1977themis1977 Posts: 109
    I'm paying £350 for my Makeup and Hair and My Mum and my 1 Bridesmaids hair. Its £95 for my trial.
  • welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224
    Only got my hair sorted so far but it will be £20 per trial and per bridesmaid on the day and £40 for me on the day. Proper bargain, but they are extermely talented too, so I know it will look good.

Don't want to spend too much on makep up - toying with the idea of getting lash extensions and then doing it myself. Not sure image