Urgent advice needed- waxing!!!

With 6 weeks to go I decided that I would have the fine hairs waxed off my back! I have a feeling it was a big mistake. Its come out in an itchy rash this morning with 5 or 6 big spots. Does anyone know what to do about this? Will this disappear by the wedding?!!!

What a silly thing to do!

• Hi chick-bass. Dont worry! i presume from that post you've just had it waxed?

Some people come out with a bit of a rash after waxing because the hair folicles are inflamed. Try not to itch to much as you'll be spreading bacteria into the empty hair folicles, you could apply some tea tree cream if you have any to soothe it and stop it getting any worse.

Other then that you'l just have to wait it out until its gone but it will be long gone before your wedding, give it 3 days!

Some people come out with a bit of a rash after waxing because the hair folicles are inflamed. Try not to itch to much as you'll be spreading bacteria into the empty hair folicles, you could apply some tea tree cream if you have any to soothe it and stop it getting any worse.

Other then that you'l just have to wait it out until its gone but it will be long gone before your wedding, give it 3 days!

Other then that you'l just have to wait it out until its gone but it will be long gone before your wedding, give it 3 days! image
  • My post wont send -.-

• chick-basschick-bass Posts: 563
    Ahhhh, it says I have 5 replies but i can't see them???
  • welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224
    I have never had my back waxed but have had a similar reaction to similar parts. I am sure that this will settle down before the big day so DON'T PANIC. Get some sensitive skin lotion and put it on your back. Try and leave it alone and hopefully it will disappear in a few days. You may have problems in a few weeks with ingrown hairs, you can buy a spray for this from boots (but it stinks!!!) so hopefully they will go.

If all else fails is your hair long enough to leave down so it may cover it?? I'm sure it won;t come to it though. Have a lovely day x
  • I would be using body scrub and hopefully they will disappear after time......
  • themis1977themis1977 Posts: 109
    I'm sure it will have cleared in 6 weeks! But unfortunately the hair will also have grown back by then.
  • sherbournesherbourne Posts: 263
    yeah it will go down... try and get somebody to exfoliate your back for you when your in the shower or bath.. not yet if youve only just had the waxing done do it in a couple of days then once a week.. i know if youve only just had the waxing done your not supposed to go in the sun but may do you good sitting in the sun a bit at the weekend... not burning yourselves obviously but this always clears my skin up and you could also try dabbing some witch hazel on it x
    Thanks everyone!! Hopefully you'll all be right and it will have cleared up by then.

Pookashnoo.....I think you're right, but I only have myself to blame, I let her do it. I'm angry at myself as the hairs were only really fine and not noticeable (according to my mum and h2b). I should've just listened to them. I was just so paranoid about them and didn't want to be on edge all day thinking that people were looking at my back.

Oh well, that'll teach me to be vain (which I'm not normally, that's why I'm so angry at myself!). What's done is done. Lets just hope the rash dies down and I don't end up with a big hairy man back!
  • MossumMossum Posts: 650
    Wouldn't exfoliating it irritate it more? I'd go for aloe vera gel. I had my eyebrows waxed a while ago and had the same reaction, only big acne type spots that still haven't gone. Think I must have been allergic.

Love the name by the way.
  • MrsPugh2MrsPugh2 Posts: 446
    I would say don't wax again, as i had a bad reaction to waxing and it was to do with the finishing gel they put on.

Now i get threaded and i have no affect.
    10 days on and the rash is still there, itchy and sore image image

The spots are now small and more rash like. having to get my dress maker to knock me up an emergency bolero just in case.

4 weeks to go. Hopefully it will clear image

It's really getting me down.