How much would you pay for your wedding hair?

I'm getting married 200 miles from home and my hair dresser has agreed that she would travel to my parents home for the event, but the cost inc travel is much higher than I thought (£300). Then extra on top for any bridesmaids.

Do i just bite the bullet and say yes as at least I know i'll love it (i've already had a hair trial with her)or do I search nearer home. I've tried my mums salon but I didn't like the end result. so would have to go somewhere completely new. By the time I pay for a trial, cost of getting there and then actual day cost, i'd save about £100 ish. I don't know what to do . . .

• RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    Ask her to break down the travel fee and see if you can arrange alternative transport (e.g. a friend driving her down or something?). Perhaps explain to her that you think she's amazing but are a bit blown away by the cost and perhaps suggest a compromise cost reduction (£50?) from what you'd save going elsewhere and what she wants to charge if you can't find a way to make the travel cheaper.