Recommendations for long-lasting liner please!

I'm just at the stage where I'm trying to 'upgrade' some of my make-up kit, so I can play around with different looks and practice in time for the big day! I usually stick to brands you can pick up cheaply in Boots but obviously these do not have staying power! So I am just asking from other Newlyweds and B2B's, what have they used/planning to use for eye-liner?

I quite like Urban Decays liner pencils and they don't seem to smudge, but do they last long enough? Or are Bobbi Browns gel liners worth investing in?

Can anyone also recommend a setting spray/setting powder? Again Urban Decays all night fixer spray seems to have quite good reviews?

• I use Maybelline's gel liner and then go over it with a black powder eyeshadow. A lot of my other makeup is top end (Chanel, Laura Mercier etc) but the Maybelline eyeliner is pretty awesome.
  • I can highly recommend Bobbi Brown Gel Liners. I have them in all colours and use them in everyone I work on. They are very easy to apply (with a mac 209 brush - not the one Bobbi Brown sells which is awful) and they stay put all day.

I use makeup forever mist and fix setting spray on every face I work on too. It really prolongs the makeup. You can get it from www.gurumakeupemporium.co.uk

Juliet x
  • pminxypminxy Posts: 320
    Bobbi brown longstay gel is well worth investing in!!! I love it!!!

xx
  • I use Bobbi brown gel liner and def recommend it. I would ask them to try different colours on you at the counter though. I was going to buy the black one but the girl at the counter tried a dark olive green one (think its called Forest) on me which sounds horrid (i'm not adventurous with colour at all) but it is lovely!
  • Definately try Bobbi Brown gel eye liner. I used it for my wedding and it didn't budge! x.
  • MahomarMahomar Posts: 175
    Ok sounds like BB is the way to go, I shall check out a counter soon! Thank you all x
  • I too will be trying this out! Heard lots of good things about it. I'm going to apply a generous coating then watch something really sad to see if it budges when I cry!
  • I like Benefit, but think I may try out a BB one after all these reviews!
  • I am not a big fan Maybelline products but I actually really like eyeliner gel. The gel is very pigmented,creamy and lasts all day.
  • MahomarMahomar Posts: 175
    Quoted:
    I too will be trying this out! Heard lots of good things about it. I'm going to apply a generous coating then watch something really sad to see if it budges when I cry!

Sounds like a good plan! image x
  • Quoted:
    I use Bobbi brown gel liner and def recommend it. I would ask them to try different colours on you at the counter though. I was going to buy the black one but the girl at the counter tried a dark olive green one (think its called Forest) on me which sounds horrid (i'm not adventurous with colour at all) but it is lovely!

This sounds great!

Anyone know what colour for blue eyes? I usually use black
  • I had my make up trial yesterday and she used a Benefit liquid liner on me. She said she thought it was the best liquid liner about. Her kit was all BB, Mac, etc!
  • Quoted:
    Anyone know what colour for blue eyes? I usually use black

If you usually use black I would recommend you use the colour Caviar - it's just one down from black so not so harsh or Graphite Shimmer Inknwhich is a Gunmetal grey.

Alternatively for a completely different look Chocolate Shimmer Ink (which is a gorgeous chocolate brown) - this colour really makes blue eyes pop.

Juliet x
  • Thank you so much, what a wonderful reply. Appreciate that.

Hope you all get sorted and I'm sure everyone will look beautiful x
  • No probs!

Juliet x