HOW much are you paying for your hair???

deleted

• __cupcake__cupcake Posts: 115
    I've had a rough idea of anywhere from about £60-£80 for the trial and on the day. I guess it depends what you want though.
  • Im getting married in Cyprus so the price range might be slightly different:

I have been quoted:

Brides Hair: ???????50-55 (£42+)

Bridesmaid Hair: ???????35-40 (£30+)

Im not having a trial as she has assured me its not required image Just need to meet for a chat before the date, but might have something done overhere and take some pics.
  • I got quoted everything from £100 for a trial plus £200 on the day to 'dunno, around £40 I guess'. I'm paying £60 for trial and day (each), but I have to go to the hairdresser. This is the flat rate at headmasters for an updo in my party of town.
  • MrsBlakeyMrsBlakey Posts: 474
    I think i've got the best bargain, the hairdresser is a friend of my MOH so she's charging £35 for the whole bridal party and doing it at my house where we're getting ready image Trial was free!

The BEST price I was quoted for the whole bridal party was £600, i say best as in funniest!! image image
  • jobean1985jobean1985 Posts: 161
    £31 for it on the day, £50 for a trial (however it is my regular hairdresser and technically she is not doing one/charging me...just playing with my hair lots over my next two visits!).

It's the same for everyone in the wedding party-no cost adjustment according to ranking within the wedding party, straight up £31 whatever!

So pleased with the price I've decided to have my make-up done too, also through my hairdressers, it costs £36 on the day/£36 for a trial and they use MAC!

I'm in Sheffield and it Conrad Blandford if anyone is interested.
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    £90 for trial and the hair on the day. £80 for make up trial and on the day. Didn't think this was too bad. I've been quoted £80 for hair for my 2 BMs as well.
  • Hi

I was quoted £70 to £100 by most hairdressers, however I have found a mobile one who is going to do it for £35 but it took alot of hunting! Ive got long curly hair and I want it down and tonged so guess there isnt as much work in that as an 'up' do? I dont know.

The trial is the same price. She is also doing Bridesmaid (tonged) and MOB (blowdry) for £20 each.

The other idea I had was to just book in at a normal salon and ask them to do a blowdry/finish. Dont tell them its your wedding. Maybe say you are going to a wedding. The hairdressers round here (Oxfordshire) quoted me between £16 and £20 when I said I was a guest and just wanted a blowdry/finish. I couldnt go with them as Im getting married on a Sunday and they dont open early enough for me to be done by the time I need to be heading to the ceremony.

A friend of mine did this, got them to blow dry her hair, pretending she was a guest, and then fixed the viel and tiara herself.

I guess it depends how happy you feel doing that yourself... And how 'exact' you want your hair to be. If you have a really particular style that you know you want to be exactly right then its prob best to pay the money. Im just happy with whatever really lol!

Unfortunately I would say the quotes you've had are to be expected. I think when you mention 'wedding' or 'bride' everyone bumps the price up!
  • BabsMelonBabsMelon Posts: 983
    2 trials at £20. On the day at £20. Total = £60. But because my trials will be have been spaced out, it doesn't feel like £60, it's £20 every 3 months. Think I've gotten a bit of a bargain there
  • £350 for trial and on the day, but that includes my mum and all our ladies. So not too bad!

Aine.
  • Gosh, I'm suddenly thinking what a good deal I've got!!.... £90 for me and 3 bridesmaids, and my Mam!! Including trials!

Maybe that's because we're going to the salon in the morning instead of the hairdressers coming to us?!
  • MrsBoz2BMrsBoz2B Posts: 126
    Free trial for me, £40 on the day

£15 trial for bridesmaid, £30 on the day
  • I paid £30 for a trial and it is similar on the day. But I did go to a salon. If you are going to a salon then it shouldn't be any different to their usual prices. You are just paying for a hairdressers time.

If you want them to come to your home expect to pay a lot more.
  • SparklesSparkles Posts: 377
    I contacted an old school friend who has a salon and they charge by the minute??!! Ive never heard such a thing.

Anyway, Bride is £1 per minute and they advise it usually takes around 50mins - so £50, BM's are the same £1 per min but they advise it usually takes 30-40mins. This is if you go to them at the salon, if you want them to come to you its more.

I'm unsure how they can quote like that when they dont have an idea of what style you want but anyway. Im going to my usualy hairdressers in a fw weeks so Im going to enquire with her.

My friend alos has a mobile girl come to her house who did her weding hair so Im going to contact her for a quote aswell.

• welshgracewelshgrace Posts: 1,224
    £20 trial and each bm and £40 for me on the day. This is with my normal hairdresser and includes the cost of her coming to me image
  • Quoted:

I was quoted £70 to £100 by most hairdressers, however I have found a mobile one who is going to do it for £35 but it took alot of hunting! Ive got long curly hair and I want it down and tonged so guess there isnt as much work in that as an 'up' do? I dont know.

The trial is the same price. She is also doing Bridesmaid (tonged) and MOB (blowdry) for £20 each.

LorraineT2012 - I'm also getting married in Oxfordshire. Can I have the details of your hairdresser please? That seems like an awesome deal!
  • S8mmyjoS8mmyjo Posts: 111
    I'm lucky, my best friend is a hairdresser and is doing my hair on the day. She wont charge me (although i will get her a lovely gift as a thank you!!) I have been quoted anything from around £35 to £80 for bridal hair! xx
  • Bride Trail - £35

Bride On the Day - £75

Mother of the Bride Trail - £15

Mother of the Bride On the Day - £25

Little Bridesmaid On the Day - £15