Nails...Shellac or Bio Gel?

Hi,

Am sure this has been asked a million times but which is better, Shellac or Bio Gel? I'm not a fan or acrylics so would prefer just to have something over my natural nail, my beauty salon does both Shellac and Bio Gel but not too sure which one to go for?

Thanks in advance,

Rhiannon xx

• SheraleighdSheraleighd Posts: 1,336
    Hello!

My sis in law to be is a nail technician and does both on me all the time and i've found that Bio Gel is slightly more durable and lasts ages but Shallac has loads more colour choices!

Having said that Bio Gel are quickly catching up image

So if both Shellac & Bio Gel had the same colours i'd choose Bio Gel for the durability, as with both the finish is much better when not applied to thickly.

Hope this has been helpful.

xXx
  • boobear45boobear45 Posts: 236
    I do Shellac and I don't agree with Sheraleighd - Bio Gel have many more colours than Shellac. I love Shellac as ists quicker to do and slightly less harmful for the nail (both are nothing like acrylics or gels for harming and are really quite kind for relatively short term use - plus encourage nail growth) but I have seen the results of Bio Gel on a lot of my clients and they look amazing and more even surfaced - like glass. I wish I'd trained for Bio Gel instead of Shellac - but as I say, Shellac are great for me to do on the mornin g of a wedding as the equipment is portable and the results are still great - and quick!
  • SheraleighdSheraleighd Posts: 1,336
    Oh I agree that Shellac is a lot less fussy than the bio gel to apply but unless you're doing it yourself I don't suppose it makes any odds.

I was told that the bio gel stimulated nail growth not Shellac, I'm gonna check that out as I was choosing the Bio cause of that reason! Eek

• Kchristie3Kchristie3 Posts: 248
    I've recently started having shellac instead of gel and the difference to my nails is amazing . My nails are actually growing and stronger than ever . I will defo be having shellac for my wedding day but going for French instead of colour image
  • I personally prefer Bio Sculpture (i assume you're talking about them, sorry if I'm wrong). They last longer and look better in my opinion. And bio has loads more colours than shellac!