To lash or not to lash.

That is the question.

Who's having lashes on their wedding day? I have tried the most natural strip lashes and while they look great on photos I am still not convinced. Think they look a bit over the top/unnatural face to face.

• blue_moonblue_moon Posts: 191
    I am having a few individual ones in the corners...a lot of the make up counters at department stores can do these for you...they're not too obvious. xxx
  • Galadriel12Galadriel12 Posts: 32
    Lash!

My friend had them done and they look so awesome- she was actually worrying the same thing, she thought they looked too big- but everyone else thought they were great image It just feels so different!

Having said that, she has dark hair and dark eyse, I imagine it might look a little funny on those lucky enough to be light blondes image
  • PandaHandsPandaHands Posts: 364
    im having indivudal lashes done. just want a bit more omph. dont like strips
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    I'm having lashes - u tried individual ones which last up to 3 weeks and also going to try clusters next week which don't last as long but give you more oomph. Like a mid way between strip and individual lashes.

The girl who does mine works from home to keep her costs down and covers Kent essex and se London. Her prices are half what I pay in London. £40 for full set.

Website is http://www.lingslashes.com/
  • flossycat100flossycat100 Posts: 6,527 New bride
    I didn't bother. I am lucky though- I have black eyelashes anyway, and they come up nicely with a couple of coats of black mascara. To be honest, I find that some good quality liquid liner applied well just above the lash line gives the same 'false lash' effect in photos, and there's less stress from worrying about them dropping off or anything image
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    mmmmmmm, eye lash in your soup-yummy! image
  • flossycat100flossycat100 Posts: 6,527 New bride
    Yup that would be just my luck! Or having a strip stuck on and having it fall down and stick to my cheek for the photos image
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756
    I am going to go for the Hollywood Lashes that last about 6 weeks but if you're going for strip lashes use the MAC eyelash glue is sticks brilliantly
  • mrs gmrs g Posts: 194
    I've booked lashes bit worried as not had them before
  • I had preglued Eyelure No.116's and they were subtle and bloody easy to put on, I tried many glue ones and they were awful couldnt apply them at all!
  • Beccie1011Beccie1011 Posts: 802
    I totally agree with manfaw! I am trained in last extensions (individual) a d I just love the effect they give! But if u are going for the strip lashes use mac glue, I have it and it's brill! Xx
  • I have quite long eyelashes and everyone always comments but for me their not thick enough! I love lashes but only natural looking ones, but for the wedding I think individual ones are best because they are more natural looking
  • Jog_OnJog_On Posts: 90
    I've spoken to a couple of MUAs, they said individual stuck on lashes can be quite painful and recommended strip lashes instead. MAC has some lovely ones, I found 33s look really natural on me. Maybe its worth going to a MAC counter and speaking to them?
  • Beccie1011Beccie1011 Posts: 802
    The eyelashes should not be painful unless there not put on properly! I don't know why u would have been told that image X
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    Me neither... I have had strip, individual and clusters put on and none have been painful!

I think I am going with clusters. They are neater than individual ones but give u a natural look with a little exaggeration.
  • jo312jo312 Posts: 217
    I'm having individual lashes as my mil does them she did them just before my hen do on the 3rd of June and still have some on! Ppl have really noticed and complimented me- I love them! Go for it!!
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    I'm not. If I was, I'd make sure I'd had them in a few times before, just to make sure I didn't feel irritated by them. I think they look nice if they're natural and just there to add a bit of extra volume.