am i wasting doctors time, its only my skin?

didnt know where to put this, i have really bad excema on my top arms and dont want it to be as bad for our wedding day next march now i have tried near enough every cream under the sun then a girl at work said u can get some steroid creams from the doctors that are really good, but feel a bit silly if im just going to the doctors to ask "can i have something to make my arms look good for the wedding" is it a waste of their time

• DrBridezillaDrBridezilla Posts: 1,018
    Not a waste of time at all.

Loads of people go to the GP for eczema treatment, you'll probably be surprised how much better you feel generally with a bit of treatment image

If you don't feel comfortable mentioning the wedding, don't. Just say it's bothering you - presumably it's itchy? Which is reason enough to treat it!

xx
  • Kirsty1386Kirsty1386 Posts: 240
    They should refer you to a dermatologist that should be able to help you? Go and see them you want to feel confident on your wedding day x
  • charlieleyacharlieleya Posts: 614
    I thought I was wasting their time going about my acne that only flares up one week a month but the practice nurse told me to go and I'm so glad I did, I didn't mention wedding just said it was getting me down, he was really nice and prescribed something. It really seems to be working and when I went back for repeat he said how nice my skin looked!

You should do it x
  • LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453
    I was reading an american board where people where nipping of to the drs willy nilly for various lotions and potions for their wedding day, eczma is a genuine bugger and reason enough to go to the drs!
  • MrsT2013MrsT2013 Posts: 539
    thanks guys think will make appointment next week so if iv got a good few months before wedding to sort something out