Sweating!?!?

Hi all,

This may sound a bit odd but it's suddenly dawned on me that I don't want to be a dripping mess on my wedding day!!

I wouldn't say I sweat excessively, but I went to a party last night (wearing a thin dress! image) and I was just so hot and sweaty!

Does anyone have any recommendations of any products that cool you down or reduce the sweaty look?

• MrsPar13MrsPar13 Posts: 821

Perspirex is a roll on deodrant that you put on at night and wash away in the morning. It works amazingly well but you will need to start using it the week leading up to your wedding.

• MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279

oo didnt even think of that!

• nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253

is i really as good as all the amazon customers say???

i must get some, i am a sweaty betty summer and winter image

• MrsPar13MrsPar13 Posts: 821

Yeah it's very good. Expensive about £7 for a v.small bottle but it works wonders.

• Avo81Avo81 Posts: 55
    Anhydrol Forte is very good, it can sting like ?&[email protected] at first but after a couple of weeks it's ok. You apply it at night and wash off in the morning, you apply it for 2 nights, then have 2 nights off, then repeat the cycle. It blocks the sweat glands, so can cause irritation, but was very effective for me a few years back xx
  • MrsH2013MrsH2013 Posts: 842
    Am I being dumb? Do you apply it at night so it prevents sweating in the day?! X
  • DrBridezillaDrBridezilla Posts: 1,018

simple and cheap 'magicool' from boots is lovely to cool down if you get hot on the day image I think you can buy mini bottles too. xx

• Jennytay08Jennytay08 Posts: 693

Might be too much info but I always used to sweat excessively from my armpits then I started using driclor (from boots) and it stops your armpits sweating at all. You need to apply it constantly for 2 weeks at night then only every so often and that's it.

• missymoo21missymoo21 Posts: 185

Thanks for the replies ladies image

Will have a look at getting some Perspirex and also some Magicool on the day. Thank you!!

• I used my normal Sure cream stick. And didn't sweat at alll

• toni_elouisetoni_elouise Posts: 245

Hmmm... I went on my Hen do this weekend; an amazing night of non-stop dancing... my main problem was sweating on my face!! Although I kept applying powder to hide my sheen, I was wondering if there was anything out there that helped with this problem?? 

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,064
    toni_elouise wrote (see)

Hmmm... I went on my Hen do this weekend; an amazing night of non-stop dancing... my main problem was sweating on my face!! Although I kept applying powder to hide my sheen, I was wondering if there was anything out there that helped with this problem?? 

im the same with oily skin - need something to stop my makeup sliding off in the heat in crete - any tips anyone?