Which primer do you recommend?

Hi Can anyone give me some advice on primers for my wedding day? Has anyone got eperience of using certain brands that they would recommend of me? I'm hoping to find a long lasting natural one if possible that will look natural in photos! Thanks for your help x

• What's your budget? If you are willing to spend a little bit, then SmashBox is brilliant, as is MUFE (Make Up Forever). Mid-Range, I would go for something from MAC, as they have a lot of different primers for different skin-types.

I have heard some really good stuff about a primer made by Philosophy. It's called 'The Present' and it's like 'superglue for make-up' according to one trusted reviewer. You can buy it at most of the bigger Boots stores and John Lewis as well I think. I really can't justify a new primer at the moment, but I am desperate to try it for myself image 

• Thank you so much for your advice it's great to hear real reviews! I had heard the smashbox and the mac ones were really good, I will defiantly look up the philosophy one!

Im lucky as I don't really have a budget in mind as o/h is treating me! I will go and google the philosophy one now! X
  • MrsH2013MrsH2013 Posts: 842
    Thanks for this post, i was wondering the same! I'm gonna try the philosophy one as I get discount from work! X
  • I tend to use the smashbox photofinish, benefit porefessional, mac, mufe hd or mac depending on the clients skin concerns/skin type ....x

• RJB299569RJB299569 Posts: 52
    Laura Mercier do a great primer
  • Thanks to everyone for all the input it's great to hear so many comments! I will try and find if any of the brands do testers to try before spending too much money on the wrong ones!

Thanks x
  • sweetbintysweetbinty Posts: 96

Smashbox for sure, budget primer go number 7 or barabara daly at tesco, my mua says its best to try a sample as different ones suit different people