My hair comb has arrived and it's perfect (with pics)

I could not decide on a headdress and wanted something unique but simple.  I found The Patchwork Bride on folksy and emailed across about what I liked, my dress and my colour scheme and Danielle came back with some ideas.  Then she made the comb up and it arrived today.  I LOVE IT, it's perfect and it was tons cheaper than any I saw in the shops or boutiques.

I have 10 weeks to go so I am going to book my hair and makeup trial now, but I am so relieved that this is so right.  This is my dress from the back,

mx

• It is Antibes by Cymbeline, and I bought it from Bridesdressrevisited in Otford,Kent.  It was not at all what I thought I would want but the consultant suggested I try and I just fell in love with it.  I am an older bride (in my 40s) so did not want anything too young.

Edited to remove photo x

This is the front, when I had a trial run with my sisters.  I have dusky pink shoes and a bit of a vintage theme.  Getting quite excited now as there has been a wedding lull for a while.  We had all the excitement of the looking and booking, now we are just paying but soon it will all start with the fun bits. 

mx

• Thank you Batgirl, that is lovely to hear.  I was worried about a headdress as I thought a veil might be overkill as the dress is so lacy, so am planning a loose low bun with the comb tucked in just above it.  The dress was a bargain, originally £2600 but the shop sells on dresses on behalf of the bride so I got it for £800. The lace is beautiful, really soft and I cannot wait for the wedding now.  We have been together 16 years and have two sons.  One is giving me away and the other is a best man, so he will stand with Steve and hand over my ring. We have an adult best man for the speeches, but the wedding itself will be all about the four of us, I am glad we waited now as the boys are 13 and 14 so can play a bigger part.

mx

• Jennytay08Jennytay08 Posts: 693

Wow! love your dress and your hair comb - its so unique and gorgeous! I am also slightly obsessed with lace! you look lovely image

• I too am wearing lace, love it.