Bobbi Brown, MAC or Bare Minerals?

Who would you all recommend most? It is mainly my base that I wish to use any of these brands for as I want something long lasting and in a matte finish with light to medium coverage and I have quite a pale complexion. I am also willing to mix and match if anyone has found particular products are good and any other recommendations of other brands/products would be welcome too image

• May4brideMay4bride Posts: 19
    I'm in the same boat. I tried Clarins matte foundation and that was very good, so might get that with a powder.

I had a bobbi brown trial and it was good, but haven't tried mac yet... I've also heard that bare minerals is really good, but I think I'll stick to the classic foundation/powder combo for the big day...
  • Mswil81Mswil81 Posts: 10
    I would do a Mac studio fix foundation with bare minerals foundation over the top for super duper coverage and staying power! I wear bare minerals everyday but I find it doesn't last all day and certainly wouldn't cover my skin well enough into the evening!
  • I dislike mac bases and bare minerals is no good for bridal work. 

Ilove Bobbi Brown but they don't do a good base for oily skins.

I'd highly recommend you look at Dior Forever foundation - it gives incredible cover bit looks really natural on the skin. It's called forever as it doesn't budge. It comes in a very pale shade 010 if you're very pale. Juliet x

• I'd say bobbi brown! I use it everyday and it always stays, as long as you use good skin products it will stay. If you go to any counter and say you want he'll choosing bridal make up, bobbi brown will do your whole make up for free and tell you what everything is so you can choose what you want xx
  • *nikki**nikki* Posts: 193

I know you didn't mention it, but Bella Pierre is amazing, I think they sell it in House of Fraser!

• Miss_XMiss_X Posts: 263
    Wow, thanks for all the tips ladies. It is really stressing me out!

Never considered Dior, so will look into that as well and Bella Pierre (which I have never heard of until now) image

Would like to get a Bobbi Brown trial done so will look at sorting that out soon.

At least I have narrowed it down slightly and will now steer away from Bare Minerals for W day!
  • I have opted for Bare Minerals - I've really practiced and I think it is perfect for my wedding day - it goes on quickly and evenly, stays on for absolutely hours with Mineral Veil and I will only need to touch up my lip gloss.

• mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192
    I can't comment on those brands, but Lanc??me do a nice foundation, the Lanc??me tent miracle is nice, goes on really well. I wear it every day.

Maybe try getting makeup trials at different beauty counters each week in boots and see which you prefer over all.

• Miss_XMiss_X Posts: 263
    Yeah, that's a good idea! I may have to do that, I'm a bit fussy with foundation as I don't wear it often and although I like good coverage, I don't like to look like I've got much on and I find it hard to get a good shade match too
  • SparklesSparkles Posts: 377
    I've just booked for next Wednesday for a bridal consultation with Bobbi Brown, if the service I received on the phone, is as good as the make up ill be a very happy lady.

And the trial is free image
  • Where are you having the trial? Let us know how you get on.
  • SparklesSparkles Posts: 377
    I'm going to John Lewis in Milton Keynes image
  • PBandJPBandJ Posts: 72

I love Dior foundation! Go to John Lewis or Debenhams make them put it on you then walk around do your shopping and recheck in daylight image x

• DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,730 New bride

OOh sparkles let me know how you get on. I am hoping to go to the milton keynes one next week! xx

• Hi Miss_X 

Here are a few of my recommendations for foundations: 

Bobbi Brown Even long-wear finish foundation this will give you a matte finish also a medium to full coverage. 

Giorgio Armani Luminous silk oil free water base foundation will give you a flexiable coverage will give u a natural lightwieght finish.

Chanel Pro lumiere matte finish foundation medium to full coverage. 

I also recommend a good primer to help make the foundation stay in place if you have oily skin opt for a primer thats gonna matify your skin rather then give you a glow.

Give us a shout if you have anymore questions image

xx

• MrsC2014MrsC2014 Posts: 822

Hiya! Just in case anyone still needs to buy, Debenhams are doing online discounts for 10% and includes all brands above! Just bought Bobbi Brown finishing powder and Benefit Hula bronzer and saved myself £10 - oh and free delivery too! x