Curling tongs, ghds or rollers?

Hi girls...

after some advice..

im going to be having my hair down and curled for my big day, what is the best way to create loose curls similar to this pic








  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

    I'd say hair up in rollers first for some volume, then tongs, but it depends on your hair really!

  • mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192

    Im going out on saturday so il prob try curling my hair using my tongs and see what it turns out like so i get a bit of an idea.

    mrsbeau2b ... Cant believe how quick our weddings are coming round now!!! Scary isnt it?!!

    feel like i still have so much to do, but my lists arnt that big?! Feel like i must be forgetting things.


  • PtoB2013PtoB2013 Posts: 45

    The first pic looks like GHD - slightly flat edges on the curls

    The second is a curling wand - either conical or something like this



    I am going to PM you a pic

  • MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

    Good idea - i have quite thick hair and find ghd's make the curls last, but its easier to create a gentle wave with tongs! Jut have a play about and see what works best.

    My best friend got married last year and she had a curly blowdry (just using a round barrel brush) then large rollers were put in and it looked lovely, very natural.

    I know what you mean - about 7 weeks now!! I have tiny to do lists now, which i am pleased about, but also makes me wonder what ive forgotten!

    Time seems to be flying at the moment!

  • Probably a curling wand would work well.  I have a Babyliss Pro one, the one that comes in pink and black with large barrel.  After trying a few this one's still my favourite.  This pics you posted are kind of the look I get.  

Sign In or Register to comment.