Portsmouth wedding, so clueless for my hair! Help needed!!

Im getting married in Portsmouth, Hampshire on Friday 23rd May 2014. 

Beyond stressed trying to find a trustworthy hairdresser who would come to either my hotel in portsmouth or my mums in wickham.... 

Im growing my hair at present its sort of just below my shoulders but VERY thin. So long is just not going to work! How do you go about getting somebody you can trust?? I love my normal hairdresser, but she cannot do house calls. I dont really want to be going out on the day of our wedding. So clueless its unreal.

Any ideas or suggestions??

• Angie jAngie j Posts: 448

I would look up as many mobile stylists as you can around that area, have a phone chat about what you want then if you get a good feel about them ask if they can come around & do a free consultation to start with. Pick a couple you like best then book a trial do a month or two before the wedding. Or, you could try calling around some local salons, see if they have anyone that would come out. I am a hairdresser & in the salon I work in we would come out for a regular client but maybe not for someone that just rang up off the cuff. Worth some calls though.  Does your usual stylist not know anyone she can recommend?  

• Snowy78Snowy78 Posts: 453

My friend used Elegance Bridal Coiffure who are based in Portsmouth, I don't know if they are mobile - but they are amazing and might be worth a try.....

http://www.elegancebridalcoiffure.co.uk/

Good luck image

• Hi

I cover Portsmouth, map lease take a look at my website www.gemmasouter.co.uk

xxxx

• MrsG23MrsG23 Posts: 231

Hey! Dont know if you have already found someone to do you hair and make up - But I have recently booked a lovely lady called Melissa George. She is Portsmouth based (Southsea). You go to her house for the trial, but she can come to yours on the day image The price for hair and make up including a trial is £160 - She is lovely and a skin expert as well as being able to order you in some extensions to thicken your hair if need be? image 

She is on facebook as 'Missy George' or her website is http://www.missysbridalhair.com/ 

Hope that helps 

x

• ejb84ejb84 Posts: 27

Thank you ladies, i found a wonderful lady who is also now my general hairdresser image