urgent foundation help

Hi I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and I'm doing my own make up spent lots of money on make up lessons etc but been give a lot of different advice. I thought I'd picked the best from recommendations but went on my hen weekend this weekend used the make up and I looked like death in al the pictures. Totally gutted. I used an oil free moisturiser, smash box primer and no 7 stay perfect foundation. Whats causing ghe grey face??? thanks

• BexgreenBexgreen Posts: 505
    Have you checked if there is spf ib your foundation - if so this could possibly be the reason as it causes flashback and thats the reason for the washed out look.
  • There is yes. Bobbi brown said no spf and mac said the higher the better. So I went to no7 counter and they said their stay perfect would be fine in photos. So totally confused now. :-/ x
  • It's the titanium dioxide that's fine that - there's obviously a high level. What skin type do

you do you have? I can then recommend a base you can get before the wedding. Juliet x

• Oily and we are getting married abroad so its going to be hot. I changed my moisturiser to an oil free one couple of months ago and thats helping. X
  • Oh and I also used mac blot powder in medium. X
  • Hi there what a shame! Don't panic though or your skin may break out with stress.

the make up artist I'm using is fabulous and uses MAC BB cream primer under NARS sheer matte or sheer glow foundation.

• Bobbi Brown artist was right spf can make you looked washed out xx 

• Think I'm gunna have to go back to bobbi brown. Its strange tho because I used the no7 foundation for a friend's wedding over a year ago and no problems wi any of the pics. So was wondering if it was a combination of products that didn't work together. X
  • I wouldn't go with a bobbi brown foundation as they don't do a good one for oily skin. I'd highly recommend Dior Forever foundation. It's oil free and once it's on its on so great for heat. It's very natural on the skin and great on camera. If you do buy it test 3 Shades (ones with a zero on the end of the shade number as they're yellow toned and more naturak) check them outside in the daylight and choose the one that's disappeared. 

If you buy it I'd take a small travel pot with you and ask for a sample of the next shade up so you can mix some in on the day if you get a tan. I'd recommend you use oc8 mattifying moisturiser underneath www.oc8.com

Juliet x

• Thanks for that juliet. Is the dior still going to be ok as that has spf in it? I've tried that many lol.

Xx
  • Yes it's fine as the titanium dioxide is minimal 

• Meme33Meme33 Posts: 18

I think what works best is different for everyone, but I reckon laura mercier products are worth a try. I always look in photos like I have no make-up on and I am washed out (even if I have loads on), I went to the Laura Mercier counter and they recommended some products, I now use a primer, foundation and finishing powder from them, it makes such a difference, also mac do some great highlighters which give your face a nice glow without looking shiny, I use a pink one under the eyes and a yellow one on my nose and cheek bones and blend together with a brush.

I wish I tried these products sooner, they are expensive, but worth it, and you only need a little!