Eyebrow Threading

Hi there,

I've had my eyebrows threaded in the past, but never taken notice really how it looks afterwards in terms of redness/swelling etc.  Do you think it's okay to have them done two days before the wedding, or should I have it done with more days in between?

Advice needed please.

• NuggyNuggy Posts: 527

I always have mine threaded...they can be very red for a few hours but I have never had any problems the next day. I would say 2 days before the wedding would be a best just to make sure x

• BexgreenBexgreen Posts: 505

I get my threaded quite a bit 2 days before should be fine

• hautocrafthautocraft Posts: 263 New bride

Thanks Nuggy and Bexgreen for your replies, you've put my mind to rest now... image

• tinkymootinkymoo Posts: 419

Does it hurt?? I've heard it kills so never ventured from wax... big wimp lol x

YES! lol.  I have tears when I get it done image  The pain we go through just to look nice.

It's not the most comfortable process in the world but it's over with really quickly x

Nuggy - do you ever get a little mark on your skin (either under or below your eyebrow) where the person has done the threading but nipped at your skin too with the thread, so that in a few days time you might see a small scab? I hope you understand what I'm trying to describe/mean!

• BexgreenBexgreen Posts: 505

Yes it does hurt but the results make up for the pain.

understand what you mean but luckily haven't had it happen to me x

Okay, maybe the person that did it was in a rush/didn't take care over doing it, hence nipping at my skin by accident.

• DollyBDollyB Posts: 1,730 New bride

pJ8 I've had that happen to me once before and it really hurt! She actually drew blood but I've had my eyebrows threaded lots and it only ever happened once so I think it was just her technique! 

Circumastances meant I had to have mine done a week before the wedding and then I just plucked the night before! I should think 2 days would be fine xxx

Thanks DollyB2B for your reply, let's hope I don't have a nip this time so I look good for the day image