What order to do things in?

Do I get my hair done first, or do my make up? I thought makeup first cos then I can push my hair out of the way etc, but then would my makeup be rubbing off then by the time my hair is finished? Any thoughts/advice?

The other thing is, I've just bought some primer, and I've never used any before, so just wondered what order you put it all on in? Is it moisturise, primer then foundation? Or do I not use moisturiser? Confused :P xx

• HydrogirlHydrogirl Posts: 809

hi! i think it depends on what ur doing with ur hair? i was doing curls so got them currled then pinned them so they would stay whilst i done my make-up (i done moisturiser in the morning, then primer as i was about to start makeup then fondation) then once the makeup was done my hair was then 'finished off'

if ur having complicated hair that will take a while maybe get that done first? as u dont want to be sweating off the makup when there are blow dryers etc going. if its a style thats simple and easy to do you could do it last? do a few time trials to see how long everything will take to do?

• MrsTaylorMrsTaylor Posts: 500

My hair trial took about 2 hours, so I think on the day maybe an hour or so? It's just down and curly, with a little up in pin curls.

Hmmm, really not sure what order to do it all in. I will moisturise in the morning first tho image

• Mrs R to beMrs R to be Posts: 125

I had the base of my make up done first then hair then back to get make up finished.
    The reason for this was purely very vain - i wanted to look good in the getting ready photos as my photographer was arriving around the time my hair was being done!!!
    x

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

I think if you're going to be using hairspray you'll want to do that before your make up?

• Jomc11Jomc11 Posts: 484

Ooh i have to say thats a good question, this is something you dont really think about, I do agree with Mrs R to be on getting a base done, They wouldnt make for good pisc if i have nothing on lol. 

It's the same person doing my hair & make up & she's doing the bridesmaids make up but they have a different hairdresser so i think they will have hair done first, then over to make up, I will get my base started then my hair but I want my make up finished last & not too long before the ceremony so its all fresh image