Kiss proof red lipstick

Hello. I had my makeup trial this weekend which was fantastic. I'm going for a Hollywood glam look with a red lip. My MUA suggested that I use one of my own lipsticks for the big day so that I can touch up through the evening as required and she will set it with powder (we used my Chanel Rouge allure for the trial.)

I have a ton of red lip sticks as it's my go to look, however, none of them are totally kiss proof and I'm worried about my new husband getting covered at the ceremony! Haha!

Can anyone suggest a good kiss proof red?

Many Thanks! x

• A really good make is Max Factor Lipfinity. Red is not my colour but I use this brand all the time and in my opinion it is kissproof. You could also try using your usual lipstick but apply a layer of lipcote over it, which you can buy at Boots or Superdrug for just a few pounds and again, makes any lipstick last a long time on your lips.

Good Luck.

• B23B23 Posts: 170

Have you tried Mac Ruby Woo? Macs matte lipsticks last for aaaages on me and won't budge an inch and ruby woo is without a doubt the best red out there!

x

• rachietownrachietown Posts: 125

Thanks for your suggestions. I have just bought Mac Ruby Woo and some Lipcote and am excited to test them out! :)

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 775 New bride

Can you come back and let us know how you got on with it Rachietown? I have been following this with interest (but unable to offer any advice!) x

Wibble2017 wrote (see post):

Can you come back and let us know how you got on with it Rachietown? I have been following this with interest (but unable to offer any advice!) x

Will do! I'm eagerly waiting for my little package from Mac to come through the post, will report back once i've tried it out! :)

• B23B23 Posts: 170
    rachietown wrote (see post):

Thanks for your suggestions. I have just bought Mac Ruby Woo and some Lipcote and am excited to test them out! :)

Even if it's not right for the day, ruby woo is the best lipstick EVER! The only lipstick I have ever actually finished x 

Wibble2017 wrote (see post):

I can report that Ruby Woo is my new favourite lipstick! You get a really crisp edge with the lip liner as it's very matte rather than creamy. The lipstick is a beautiful colour and very matte, it photographs really well. It also makes my teeth look whiter which is strange as I think a lot of red lipsticks tend to make my teeth look yellower.

For the kiss test I tried the lipstick out 3 ways and then smooched my OH:

1. Just blotting it- a little bit of transfer

2. Blotting and then setting with powder- no transfer

3. Blotting, setting with powder and using lipcote on the top- no transfer, however the combination of powder and lipcote did dry out my lips quite a lot so i'll probably just go for setting powder on the day