Make up & Hair West Yorkshire

My wedding is fast approaching now (May 2017) and I am yet to find a make up artist for the big day.

I have rather sensitive skin due to previous acne medication and am very picky about people touching my skin, therefore this is a big thing for me.

I had previously done lots of research and settled on a make up artist (who will also need to do my mother in law and aunties hair) but she has actually been booked up while i was making my decision.

I work in a luxury retailer so am well aware of all the make up brands and processes although I am not particular bothered what is used as long as I have the look I want without irritated skin.

Can anybody recommend someone that could do this for me? I am getting married in Skipton, West Yorkshire.

Thanks!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,351 New bride

Ooh where in Skipton are you getting married? Just interested as I grew up there! (Also.... Skipton is in North Yorkshire. Sorry lol. That kind of stuff is important if you live in Yorkshire!!)

Hmm make up and hair... I went to school with a girl who is now a very successful make up artist:

http://www.rebeccaanderton.co.uk/manchester-bridal-makeup/

She's now Manchester based but maybe she would consider a Skipton wedding seeing as she's from there. She did the make up for my friend's wedding in Skipton and is very good. I think she also does hair.

• Getting married at Skipton Castle then our reception at The Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey.

Sorry yes it is North Yorkshire, so weird as I live like 5 minutes away from Skipton but am classed as West Yorkshire.

Thank you, I will have a look!

• rachietownrachietown Posts: 125
    MrsEarls2Be wrote (see post):

Getting married at Skipton Castle then our reception at The Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey.

Sorry yes it is North Yorkshire, so weird as I live like 5 minutes away from Skipton but am classed as West Yorkshire.

Thank you, I will have a look!

How exciting, I'm getting married in Skipton Castle at the end of July (7 and a half weeks to go!)

I'm using Beauty Call, who have franchises all over the UK, they find a local make up artist for you and more importantly, in the event of an emergency they provide a backup artist for you too.

http://www.beautycall.co.uk/

I just had my hair and makeup trial at home last weekend  (I live in Leeds) and the make up artist was great- she's going to come to Skipton on the day.

I left mine really late to book (just a few months ago!) but they still managed to book me in no problem.

Happy planning :)

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,351 New bride

Oh the Devonshire is lovely! And I'm pretty sure as teenagers growing up in Skipton we all dreamed of getting married at the castle haha.

I know what you mean about it being weird Skipton is in North Yorks- my mum lives in Sutton 15 mins down the road and she's West Yorks too!